ExpressJet down, bottom feeders up

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BigLebowski said:
BigDave...I don't understand how you can compare Skywest to Mesa and Trans States.

Yeah, it's not good for XJT...but I feel Skywest is a superior carrier to XJT.
Yeah man,
Superior in the sense, they can bend the pilot group over in a mass cornholing fest without so much as a reacharound. Superior in the sense that they know how to make money, nay lots of money. Yall keep drinkin the kool-aid from the slushee machine to keep the brain freeze going. I haven't nor will I ever!
PBR

I guess I offended some people which I didn't mean to do. All I was trying to say that it is unfair to call the rest of the regional carriers "bottom feeders". You may make an extra dollar or so an hour...big deal, you're no better than the rest of us.

I do feel bad for you and your pilot group...but let's not demean the rest of the people trying to make a living just like you.

As far as SkyWest...true they dont' have a 70 seat payscale. But they are one of the highest paid out there and most likely will continue to be.

You say Jetlink, I say Waterski...if you want to know the truth I guess we're all bottom feeders, go talk to the mainline guys, I'm sure they'll agree.

As far as drinking the kool-aid...I hate to break the bad news to you but the guys here at Waterski are about the only pilot group I know of that has had the spine to stand up to management and tell them to p1ss off, risking furloughs, our company shrinking, etc. Lets see if you guys have the b@lls to do the same if that's the way it goes for you.

BigLebowski said:
I guess I offended some people which I didn't mean to do. All I was trying to say that it is unfair to call the rest of the regional carriers "bottom feeders". You may make an extra dollar or so an hour...big deal, you're no better than the rest of us.

I do feel bad for you and your pilot group...but let's not demean the rest of the people trying to make a living just like you.

As far as SkyWest...true they dont' have a 70 seat payscale. But they are one of the highest paid out there and most likely will continue to be.

You say Jetlink, I say Waterski...if you want to know the truth I guess we're all bottom feeders, go talk to the mainline guys, I'm sure they'll agree.

As far as drinking the kool-aid...I hate to break the bad news to you but the guys here at Waterski are about the only pilot group I know of that has had the spine to stand up to management and tell them to p1ss off, risking furloughs, our company shrinking, etc. Lets see if you guys have the b@lls to do the same if that's the way it goes for you.

Pay rates have nothing to do with the cost and QOL of a pilot group. The reason we have the best contract is due to our work rules. I'd like to see anyone with a trip trade system like ours. I'd like to see any group make what we do and work as little. It's not bragging. It's just the way it is. Hence we cost more because we aren't willing to fly for free. I know a guy 3 years junior to me that made 85K. I made 75 (before perdiem or profit sharing) and had 200 days off. The money isn't in our pay rates. It's in our soft time and work rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLebowski

Yeah, it's not good for XJT...but I feel Skywest is a superior carrier to XJT.

Guys -- Please act like mature and (some of us) educated people. This is a serious deal for the guys and gals at XJT. No one is better than anyone, except mesa perhaps... Everyone does the same job, they provide regional feed for mainline and are contract cariers for the mainline... It is a simple fact of economics today... It is abviously about the bottom dollar in trying to make a profit... Keep your chins up and keep doing a great job out there. Just hope and pray that CAL and XJT come up with something better in 9 months... Keep building that jet time and make yourselves more marketable in the aviation community... Good luck to everyone... I know many of you and I personally wish you all the best... And no, I do not work for any of the regionals, but I am hoping for the a better road ahead for everyone...

This is not good news for anyone in the industry, regardless of your employer. As for the Skywest guy, get a contract and then you can run your yap about being better than anyone else.

Capn Lucky said:
As for the Skywest guy, get a contract and then you can run your yap about being better than anyone else.

Lot of good contracts have been to airlines these days...:bawling:

Latest resources

Back