• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ExpressJet/DOT

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree, they are underpaid... But you still didn't answer my question... why do you equate ground service with XJ bending sheet metal and killing people?

How many fatal accidents has Mesaba had again?

Retract the "dumb bastards, bent sheet metal, and killing people" part of your statement, then I will have no issue with whatever opinion you have on what happened in RST...

I retract nothing. If they're not going to bring back the veterans, adequately train the greenhorns and pay them more.

Man MaxQ, you're seriously disgruntled from the VPS changeover huh? Too bad it's a two-way street and the service from former red tail stations, that are now combined with DL SUCK!! D-0 is like a totally new concept at DL. You're going to let your limited experience with an XJ station color our entire company? Thanks for all the prejudgment.

Flap Operator: I want you to go back in this thread and quote the exact phrase of mine that leads you to believe I am criticizing the entire company.

I can assure you, there are very few things in life I am disgruntled about. This is not one of them. ;)

Man MaxQ, you're seriously disgruntled from the VPS changeover huh? Too bad it's a two-way street and the service from former red tail stations, that are now combined with DL SUCK!! D-0 is like a totally new concept at DL. You're going to let your limited experience with an XJ station color our entire company? Thanks for all the prejudgment.

Dood, nothing against the mesaba flight crews, however the ground personnel have shown an ability to complete a changeover with absolute neolitic incompetence. I've missed a scheduled deadhead from a mesaba operated station, had a mesaba station tell me that we are only taking 28 people because of check in problems, when the flight is oversold, and shown up for an early show time at a mesaba station where there was 1 employee that had EVER security searched an aircraft before, the list goes on.

Mesaba bid less, won the award, got the bottom of the barrel people to run the station. They operate on the ground with the hand they are dealt, whether good or bad. Prior proper planning prevents piss poor perfromance.

You said: "National media exposure first... next is bent sheet metal and finally loss of life. You dumb bastards." Maybe I'm not getting what you're trying to say. Please elaborate.

I completely agree that there are issues in some XJ ground handling. However, with the XJ DL stations, I completely blame DL for not even training XJ ground staff as a whole on the DL procedures and computer systems adequately. Conversely, I blame NWA for not teaching DL stations how to get an NWA flight out properly. Ultimately, it's all DL/NW driving this ship. An XJ red tail station works just fine except for the occasional hiccups.

Yes, you may get what you pay for, but there is always a learning curve when things are new. Also, would it really be that much different right now if any other company came in and took over for ASA? It's like the Pinnacle people thinking DTW would be soooooo much better if their people were running the show.

Let's agree on this... the station change overs across the board have been debacles and that only DL can fall on the sword for that in rushing the integration with poor staffing and training.

And to get back on topic... I find it very suspicious and hard to believe that ALL of the blame (according to the DOT) is now going towards Mesaba, as if XJet and the crew are completely exonerated from the matter. No single person or organization should have to shoulder the blame for this one. There's plenty of that to go around.

Last edited:
Flap Operator: My comment is directed to all those responsible for staffing these ground stations with inadequately trained personnel, including DL for awarding the lowest bidder knowing full well what these guys were going to be making. Everyone is to blame here...

So, I guess an "planned" alternate can be anywhere there is enough concrete regardless if there are planned accomodations for the aircraft and crew? Who planned RST as an alternate and did they think about what might happen if it were to be actually used? Did they call anyone to make sure the aircraft could be handled properly or was it an emergency diversion?

By the way, the FBO handles large aircraft for King's, Prince's and diplomats world-wide (for Mayo Clinic) and they could have handled the aircraft there as well.

Listening to that STRIB tape I heard nothing about passengers unable to deplane but I did hear XJT coordinator say they had another half hour to make a decision and the Mesaba manager state they wanted to get them off if possible...

Listen to the tape again!

Listening to that STRIB tape I heard nothing about passengers unable to deplane but I did hear XJT coordinator say they had another half hour to make a decision and the Mesaba manager state they wanted to get them off if possible...

You f-ing retard. YOU listen to the tape. That Mesaba OPS bitch clearly said that she will not let pax off the plane into the terminal, and that "she (XJT CA) needs to leave" the airport.

Latest resources

Back