Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Turtlesfly

Need a room check?
Well it was only a matter of time . . . came out yesterday.

I can't give details because nobody understands them. It's a bit of weird math that we're awaiting some clarification on. If you've had 2 beers, there's no hope in getting it for a while. Basically it's a 2.8% cut with some freezes that brings your pay cut from anywhere from 5% to 30%, depending on a bunch of stuff.

Basically, the pilot reaction seems to be a 50/50 civil war. We're arguing with each other, and, sadly, this represents another tremendous defeat for ALPA since we are showing 0% unity.

Maybe the fact that ALPA national agreed to this piece of ******************** shows what they really think of "taking it back."

National is a bunch of hypocrits.

Maybe I'm missing something, but your MEC chose to put out the concessionary TA, not National.

ALPA National (more correctly, Prater) only signs off on it once it passes your membership. Given that XJT most likely meets the criteria for concessionary bargaining, it will be signed off upon.

That being said, what little money this would save the company won't do anything for its bottom line. If the company is unprofitable, a 2.8% or 5% cut isn't going to change that.

ALPA national did approve it - we used their people to look at the books to validate how dire the company's bottom line is. Our MEC used national's advice that said we basically have no choice.

At least, that's one version of the story.

Don't forget to factor in the additional medical premium costs, and now even more inflation (thanks bailout!). It seems many don't even consider these.

Don't forget to factor in the additional medical premium costs, and now even more inflation (thanks bailout!). It seems many don't even consider these.

Well I think everybody's mind is already made up. We have a bunch of roadshows coming up, but people are already very vocal either supporting it or denying it. I give it a big fat HELL NO.

But mark it: I still predict it passes by 60% there-abouts.

The other thing we're pissed about is that the company/union waited until TWO DAYS after all of the furloughed pilots were shown the door. So by eliminating those potential "no" votes, it helped the yes vote to gain strength. Way to help out the industry!

If that wasn't the plan, it sure at least looks like it was.

Well it was only a matter of time . . . came out yesterday.

I can't give details because nobody understands them. It's a bit of weird math that we're awaiting some clarification on. If you've had 2 beers, there's no hope in getting it for a while. Basically it's a 2.8% cut with some freezes that brings your pay cut from anywhere from 5% to 30%, depending on a bunch of stuff.

Basically, the pilot reaction seems to be a 50/50 civil war. We're arguing with each other, and, sadly, this represents another tremendous defeat for ALPA since we are showing 0% unity.

Maybe the fact that ALPA national agreed to this piece of ******************** shows what they really think of "taking it back."

National is a bunch of hypocrits.

You should hold out and "take it back" until you go out of business. That'll show 'em!

Have you looked at the economy lately? None of us are going to "take it back." Let's be realistic here.

You should hold out and "take it back" until you go out of business. That'll show 'em!

Have you looked at the economy lately? None of us are going to "take it back." Let's be realistic here.

The question here is that expressjet pilots have to take into serious consideration whether the cutbacks will actually save the company. If not, XJET pilots are giving away free money....

Why the hell have a union if they can't do anything to improve the situation for regional pilots? Heck, if you drop alpa there's a 2% raise right there!

Why the hell have a union if they can't do anything to improve the situation for regional pilots? Heck, if you drop alpa there's a 2% raise right there!

Except the company would quickly take that 2% or more, just because they can and they can find someone to do it for less.

Latest resources

Back