• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Expressjet concessionary LOA/TA out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OK, Express Jetters, here is your chance to hold the line and save the profession.

No fair dissing the other regionals and blaming them for your woes. You say they fail to step up; now it's your turn at bat.

"I just want to tell you [all] good luck. We're all counting on you."

By the way, assuming this gets ratified, XJT captains would still be at the top of the industry in pay rates for 50 seat jets (I think Eagle may have slightly higher rates for the first year) and FOs would be in the top third.

But just to clarify, it's not ONLY the pilots taking the cut. MX is in talks about their cut, and non union employees have already felt the pinch. So it's company wide.

Right, its pilots, mechanics, dispatchers, and flight attendants. All but the FAs have reached a TA so far.

By the way, assuming this gets ratified, XJT captains would still be at the top of the industry in pay rates for 50 seat jets (I think Eagle may have slightly higher rates for the first year) and FOs would be in the top third.

Good. Doesn't matter.

A concession that results in pay being lowered only a little is still a concession.

"I'll only put it in a little bit."

Last edited:
Good. Doesn't matter.

A concession that results in pay being lowered only a little is still a concession.

"I'll only put it in a little bit."

I was merely trying to add some factual information to the discussion.

Some of you guys have been pretty harsh, in the airports and on the boards. You now have the opportunity to live up to the same standard to which you have held others.

Don't get me wrong. I'd like nothing more than to see the Express Jetters do just that. Good luck. The world is watching.

Some of you guys have been pretty harsh, in the airports and on the boards. You now have the opportunity to live up to the same standard to which you have held others.

Don't get me wrong. I'd like nothing more than to see the Express Jetters do just that. Good luck. The world is watching.

Here is another perspective I've heard in the past, even before any concession talks: Its very difficult to maintain this "standard" when no one else was able to follow you. This seems to repeat itself and XJT just seems to be then next one who was left hanging out there by themselves.

Anyways, even if this is ratified, it wont have much negative effect on the 50 seat pay rates for others who follow XJT in their turn in section 6.

top of the 50 seat scale? wow - that must be so exciting for you every 2 weeks! XJet guys are the first on this board to trash talk any other carriers, time to walk the walk boys, hold the line and tell them to go pound sand.

Also all of you defending ALPA national, you have no idea what you are talking about. Alpa Natnl has 100% discretion to approve or deny contracts. Just ask the guys from CCAir, they voted in favor of a contract by nearly 90% and Woerthless refused to sign it. How is Prater "taking it back" on this deal.

If ALPA wasn't representing XJT pilots the company would have just taken however big of a cut from the pilots without any of them having any say in the matter.
Maybe, maybe not. Maybe XJT, like comair, has reached the end of the road. Taking a pay cut might make you feel better but it ain't going to stop the inevitable.

top of the 50 seat scale? wow - that must be so exciting for you every 2 weeks! XJet guys are the first on this board to trash talk any other carriers, time to walk the walk boys, hold the line and tell them to go pound sand.

Also all of you defending ALPA national, you have no idea what you are talking about. Alpa Natnl has 100% discretion to approve or deny contracts. Just ask the guys from CCAir, they voted in favor of a contract by nearly 90% and Woerthless refused to sign it. How is Prater "taking it back" on this deal.

More exciting than being at the bottom of the scale. Look, it seems as though you are reveling in the possible concession of a great contract. Everyone at the regional level should look with their eyes wide open on what transpired to lead to this. If this is what you mean by trash talking, I apologize but I'm just calling 'em like I see 'em.;)

Again, ALPA national had NOTHING to do with approving anything dealing with this LOA.

Latest resources

Back