• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Expressjet (ASA) MGMT managing by intimidation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Most of what you all are talking about is company policy, not contractual. You are talking about company culture that goes WAY back at ASA. Walrus the CP most well known for this kind of action is one who goes way back, and he has not been a part of any other company that does it different.

We need "personal days" negotiated into the new contract that allow a certain number in a given period, in addition to family funerals.

Unfortunately, there are employees who act like guys in High school, instead of professionals at work, and so this company treats all of us like High school teenagers.

Its a bad cycle, that will only stop with top down leadership.

You are talking about company culture that goes WAY back at ASA. Walrus the CP most well known for this kind of action is one who goes way back, and he has not been a part of any other company that does it different..

thought he was at Real Eastern, or PanAm, but anyway, he the one who goes on overnights with his FA gf, wonder what mgt would think bout that let alone wifey :eek:

Most of what you all are talking about is company policy, not contractual. You are talking about company culture that goes WAY back at ASA. Walrus the CP most well known for this kind of action is one who goes way back, and he has not been a part of any other company that does it different.

We need "personal days" negotiated into the new contract that allow a certain number in a given period, in addition to family funerals.

Unfortunately, there are employees who act like guys in High school, instead of professionals at work, and so this company treats all of us like High school teenagers.

Its a bad cycle, that will only stop with top down leadership.

Well put.

So, you're saying this is a terrible place to be employed for your entire career.... No ********************.

There is some slack given to folks. I can account for a very recent incident in which the captain was shown a very high degree of leaniency. I think that quite a bit of it has to do with how you enter the CP office. I've never seen anyone show up and get pummled with their hat in hand. In short, I think it's all about the attitude. It's pretty darn hard to come up with something original these days- odds are someone well before you has already originated your epic F-up.

As far as the bird strike goes- I hope PD didn't call BH with all that the man is going through right now..........

As far as the bird strike goes- I hope PD didn't call BH with all that the man is going through right now..........

man no kiddin', but she's so impressed with herself it wouldn't surprise if she did, can't stand flying or hearing her voice!

Probably the cheerleader FA with a slight lisp.

My favorite spineless chief resides in DTW and closely resembles a jellyfish. I don't envy anyone tasked with being a disciplinarian, the job has to wear on you but for some I get the feeling they get a kick out of it. Never had any issues with the walrus.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back