Expressjet (ASA) MGMT managing by intimidation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Please exsplain.............

Leaving No. 2 running happens more often than I think most people realize.

I had one captain solve this problem entirely by starting the APU after every landing and shutting both down at the gate. As some outstations are APU qualified, it's a lot easier to pass the blame if you leave the APU running since there is obviously no accountability for station personnel ;) Kidding, of course (kind of).

Most guys just stay seated until both are shut down.

Word I heard about the birdstrike incident was that it happened under Capt windshield. Aircraft overnighted. It was hidden from view by jetway canopy and was discovered as they pulled it away in daylight. The flight attendent on the morning flight was our resident cheerleader with the initials PD. She got her panties in a wad and called our president at home to discuss why she was being held up by the inactions of her fellow "Get-r-Dun Teammates". What resulted was a top-down beating.

I avoid flying with her at all costs.

Word I heard about the birdstrike incident was that it happened under Capt windshield. Aircraft overnighted. It was hidden from view by jetway canopy and was discovered as they pulled it away in daylight. The flight attendent on the morning flight was our resident cheerleader with the initials PD. She got her panties in a wad and called our president at home to discuss why she was being held up by the inactions of her fellow "Get-r-Dun Teammates". What resulted was a top-down beating.

I avoid flying with her at all costs.

Hard to believe a suspension under those circumstances. Hope there's more to the story, or that the rumor is false to begin with.

Maybe they want to guarantee a workforce by giving EVERYONE letters in their files so they can't get hired anywhere

It's getting a little ridiculous

I think there is something to your statement. I recently received a letter in my file for having my first, unavailable on reserve after 5 years of being on reserve. The CP made it a point to say that it could affect me being employed else were. I blew it off because I know better. They may be using it to intimidate certain people from even attempting to apply else were.

He also said that the reason they can't give leniency anymore is a direct result from ALPA. Apparently ALPA complained that some people were given leniency while others were not. The CP office responded by saying OK nobody gets leniency. I spoke with the grievance committee and they said they wouldn't do something like that. However, I can see them doing something like that and they would have a point unfortunately the result sucks.

Disciplinary action taken by an employer not overturned can be released as part of the PRIA. By the way the PRIA process has been extended covering a wide range of areas.

It's true. They can also find out where you typically stored your water bottle in the cockpit.

I usually store mine behind the rudder pedals. They don't move around much that way.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back