Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sphincter Boy said:
Not if you have to hire a body guard :)

All gringos will be prime picking for an abduction for money. Its a business down there. Guess what happenes when they dont get the money, you get cut up and your organs are sold. They actually advertise organs for sale on TV down there.

CUEBOAT said:
AlGuess what happenes when they dont get the money, you get cut up and your organs are sold. They actually advertise organs for sale on TV down there.

...then a guy jumps out at the campfire... with a hook for a hand!!!! Aaargh!

Standby 1 said:
Not the first time I've heard this one....not thru the usual crack pipe, but more credible sources. May or may not happen, although I haven't looked to see if out-of-country domiciles were even addressed in the contract (it would suprise me if it was). It would be smart of the company to take advantage of this oversight, if it exists. With the number of Mexico destinations up to 30 and the increase in point-to-point flying, anything is possible.

There were several people asking if our Scope would cover this. To much chagrin, an answer was never given.

Standby 1 said:
In the end, though, I revert back to the old "believe it when you see it" routine.

"Believe it when you see it," but in the meantime be very afraid and hope you don't ever see it.

wahoo250 said:
a company that would do that involuntarily is a company that would not be worth working for.

Everything is seniority so there you have it.

rattler said:
COEX will not get E170s or E190s unless CAL gives in on it's scope clause. Untill then, the biggest a/c will be a 50 seater. I believe we will hear more about this after 2/28, when CAL pilots vote on concessions. It is possible they will give up scope to keep some other portions of their contract intact.

Don't hold your breath. The negotiations don't even start until the 24th. IF they could negotiate a deal in a month it would still take another month to print the deal, do the roadshows and ballot the pilots. They'll be no deal before April. If there's a no vote then July or August.

I suspect that we will get something similar to NWA's "RJ" deal and CAL pilots will retain the rights to fly anything over 50 seats. We need to dump those 73-500's and a common type fleet of 170's and 190's will slot in real nice.

Adding another fleet type while in financial trouble? It hasn't work to well for US Airways and they are flying them for pennies on the dollar.

SuperFLUF said:
Who owns Xjets leases anyways?

Continental Airlines leases all of the airplanes from various banks, and they sub-lease them to ExpressJet.

BTW, I don't think the cost of living in Mexico would be a whole lot cheaper than it would be in Houston. It seems like everything in Mexico costs about the same as it does in the U.S.

Latest resources

Back