Express Jet Minimums Raised?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Captain X said:
The 1200/200 will only be for the EMB170/190. It will stay 600/100 for the 145.

Bwahahahahahaha! That's it...fan the flames a little around here.

In all seriousness, the 170/190 rumor has been floating around for a long time. And while I don't discount it at all (it's one of those rumors like the LAX rumor used to be ---- too many good sources to discount it), there's no telling the timeline here. And it certainly has nothing to do with current hiring mins!

COEX will not get E170s or E190s unless CAL gives in on it's scope clause. Untill then, the biggest a/c will be a 50 seater. I believe we will hear more about this after 2/28, when CAL pilots vote on concessions. It is possible they will give up scope to keep some other portions of their contract intact.

rattler said:
COEX will not get E170s or E190s unless CAL gives in on it's scope clause. Untill then, the biggest a/c will be a 50 seater. I believe we will hear more about this after 2/28, when CAL pilots vote on concessions. It is possible they will give up scope to keep some other portions of their contract intact.

Not totally true. I flew with the chief pilot a little while ago, and drained him for all the info I could get. He said that XJT is actively looking at flying our own routes with our own brand name using the 170 and/or 190(non-competative with CAL). He said XJT is conservative and that management wouldn't do it until fuel prices stabilized below $40. He also mentioned the obvious shakeouts occuring with the industry will allow the company to better figure out what routes if any could make money with the 170 or 190. It may or may not ever happen.

As far as an LAX base, he said it was highly cost prohibitive and that unless there is a HUGE amout of traffic going through there, they just won't do it. Again, could happen, but probably won't. He did however, mention that they've been throwing around the idea of an MEX mini-hub, which would be much cheaper than LAX. I about threw up on myself. He said the company would really like to take advantage of the open skies stuff going on in central america. That way we could fly from MEX to other places and would be very lucrative. That would be one junior base. Again, I don't personally think it will ever happen.

Later.

BigHangar said:
He did however, mention that they've been throwing around the idea of an MEX mini-hub, which would be much cheaper than LAX. I about threw up on myself. He said the company would really like to take advantage of the open skies stuff going on in central america.

This should scare the living **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** out of everyone at XJT....I hope our scope clause covers domiciles outside the US.

Don't be surprised when Aerolitoral's new EMB145s begin doing our flying from MEX to the US.

And yes, I was just screwing around about the hiring mins for the 170/190....they are the same as the 145 :D

BigHangar said:
Not totally true. I flew with the chief pilot a little while ago, and drained him for all the info I could get. He said that XJT is actively looking at flying our own routes with our own brand name using the 170 and/or 190(non-competative with CAL). He said XJT is conservative and that management wouldn't do it until fuel prices stabilized below $40. He also mentioned the obvious shakeouts occuring with the industry will allow the company to better figure out what routes if any could make money with the 170 or 190. It may or may not ever happen.

As far as an LAX base, he said it was highly cost prohibitive and that unless there is a HUGE amout of traffic going through there, they just won't do it. Again, could happen, but probably won't. He did however, mention that they've been throwing around the idea of an MEX mini-hub, which would be much cheaper than LAX. I about threw up on myself. He said the company would really like to take advantage of the open skies stuff going on in central america. That way we could fly from MEX to other places and would be very lucrative. That would be one junior base. Again, I don't personally think it will ever happen.

Later.

BWAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Man I bet Glen was laughing his a$$ off telling his buddies he told you that!!!

Latest resources

Back