• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Express Jet hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I got another call friday after missing their first call tuesday. they asked the same questions (TS, hard landing, how many times I have been late, upgrade 3 or more years, read the ice script) for the TS, I said i would look at the situation with the captain (assuming i was the FO), didn't mensioned dispatch, he was happy with that and said i did good and i would get a call for interview in 60 - 90 days. (also asked for my SSN)

a few questions..

How much hiring are they expecting to do in 04 ? any numbers?
how many more planes are they getting?
how many pilots currently fly for them?
how is pay during training ? (per diem+hotel or more? )
how is the training department in general?

thanks

AF001
#1. Not sure
#2. We have around 230 jets now, supposed to get a total of 274 with another 100 options.
#3. We have 2,563 pilots on our list as of 10/15/03 (around 300 of those are Continental pilots that will eventually go back to CAL)
#4. Not sure, but I heard you will get per diem and the hotel is covered. Per diem is $1.40/hr so about $1,000 a month until you pass your check ride. Once you pass the ride you go on first year pay.
#5. The training department is excellent. Everything is in house, we have our own training center and staff with 3 sims.

Hope that helps.
:cool:

Last edited:
coex said:

(around 600 of those are Continental pilots that will eventually go back to CAL)

Actually, it's not that high, though it feels like it. There are only 383 flowbacks. There are 637 furloughed CAL pilots, but not all chose to flowback or they were not senior enough to hold a position at XJT. Since they have flowback rights, they will flowback in seniority order with the XJT furloughs.

Last edited:
As far as training goes, I'd consider it to be among the best. The atmosphere is never "threatening" as some airlines are known, the facilities are cutting edge and top notch. The instructors are knowledgable and are there to help you, not fire you. I'm sure each of the 2,563 pilots employed by ExpressJet will agree 100%. It'll be a pleasurable experience and you'll be told to the letter what is expected of you. Hope to see all of you hopefulls around some day.

my saturday AM

filled out the online thing this morning, the last screen gave me the phone number to call and said "call within 24 hours" so about 15 min. later I called, got the hard landing, thunderstorm, making the trip more enjoyable to passengers, ever been late to work, and is it ok that upgrades are 3+years questions, then asked for SS# and told i would be called by a senior recruiter within 60 days. not a bad 1/2 hour of my day. turned my day from bad to great. was supposed to interview with them in late sept. 2001 when I had 900 some hours but we all know what happened then... now maybe with 2700 and 1500 and 300 turbine PIC i'll actually get to.

by the way, I think I had the max response to all the questions... over 2000 TT, 1000 ME, ect.... must be one of their filters, so it seems.

good luck to all.

you know i was thinking about giving them your SS# today and really they cannot do anything with it right now. It is illegal for them to check your credit until you sign a waiver(permission form) or if they specifically ask you if they can use it to check your credit and you agree. If they were to check your credit without you specifically authorizing it they would be liable in a lawsuit....if you so chose to bring one upon them. just a thought.

Quick update, missed the call on Tuesday, called back Wednesday and just quickly spoke with a guy, like I mentioned in my last post. WELL, they called me back Friday with all the interview questions, same as everyone else, read the ice report(dug it out of trash while stalling with him) and they said they'd call in 60-90 days. I said nothing about contacting dispatch, we don't have dispatchers(flight followers) so there's no such thing as contacting dispatch in my vocabulary, hence my answer. But anyways, for the guy that was going to interview with them late Sept 01, HELL, I was on a plane to interview with them ON 2001!! All i could think about was, "**CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** it, 700 hard earned hours and now I don't have a job," geeeezzz little did I know.

Actually, Cleveland is the senior base now. Most new hires will be looking at Newark and possibly Houston for their initial assignment. You do have the opportunity to base trade after you're finished with training.

Well I am watching all this hiring from within the company and getting pi$$ed off!!!! I feel as if I am the only one at the dance without a date. I had planned to get hours but a lovely thing called an ex-wife got in the way... So this year while I watch the Pilot pool at my airline explode with pilots I'll be saying "Lets set up for steep turns"!!!! My only hope is that the hiring will continue a little longer!!!! That B!tch!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back