• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Express Jet hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't know if anyone has said it yet but the company that is doing the telephone interviews is a 3rd party "employment screening" company.

You guys can get pissed off about the mins here at XJT if you wish. But as a captain that’s been here a while and seen this company and the type of flying evolve, I'm happy to see us get away from 800hr pilots. We don’t need anymore guys on IOE sweating because it’s their first time in the clouds(true story). Ask Captain X about his wounderful experiences as a check airman!

Babysitting somebody in a Brasilia with no terrain is one thing, flying a jet in and out of Monterrey and Saltio Mexico is another thing! We don't just mossy around the US anymore, we are the 3rd largest carrier in Mexico, with very limited radar and controllers who's English is very bad at best. We need pilots we know we can trust as competent and experienced, someone with command experience to contribute. Throw in weather a mechanical and deal with a flight attendant with the IQ of their shoe size all at the sametime and things are really busy!

Do you think you're ready for that at 800 hours? Nothing against you guys but you’re not ready at that point, and the company found that out, hence the reason for the high minimums. Be patient your time will come, but this isn’t commuter flying anymore. What we do is truly mainline flying that requires mainline type of experience. Hell, I’ve been a captain for 3 ½ years and I’m still not ready! :D

Last edited:
So those 800hr guys still with xj????
Oh..I believe now they became..some thousands hr guys
well it was just sweat..but no accidents at all so far..
No offense to experienced people...I thought I am experienced
pilot too but not anymore.

Cheese W/ That Whine?

Dude, It's no ones falt but yours that you don't fly more that 200hrs. in 6 months. Stop whining and try a litter harder.

Cry Baby

Is there such a thing as too much experience... Too much experience to complacency? How many CA's would perfer a 1500 hr pilot well trained vs. complacent 3000tt pilot with bad habits? The company wants to be able to mold a applicant into what the company sees as a good pilot with good attitude, skills, and motivation. Do you get all these qualities with 3000tt pilots?

rumorhasit said:
...The company wants to be able to mold a applicant into what the company sees as a good pilot with good attitude, skills, and motivation. Do you get all these qualities with 3000tt pilots?

Not necessarily, so...

That's why there is an interview process to weed out the folks who won't work well in the cockpit. They are going to interview pilots who have a minimum level of experience. Remember though, just because you meet the mins and go to an interview doesn't mean that you'll get the nod. There are plenty of pilots who go to an interview with the mins and don't get hired because there are more than enough pilots who are just as hireable who have more experience. All other things being equal, the company will hire the most experienced pilots they can find who they think will actually stick around long enough to get a return on their training investment.

FWIW...

Makes a lot of sense...I just hope the hiring will continue long enough for me to get those hours....I only need about 500multi and 500 more hours...

I got the call on Saturday around 10:00 CST.
Same Questions. I knew (from the forum) exactly what was coming and the exact order.
STILL, I sounded more like Rain Man than a competent pilot applicant. “Yeah, definitely not fly into a thunder storm.. definitely… definitely not.”

Jamie, I think her name was, seemed Friendly… or maybe she was just trying not to giggle.

Surprisingly, they still said that I would be contacted by a senior recruiter in 60 days. Hopefully I will have an opportunity to redeem myself.

Last edited:
Problems on the web-site?

Anybody had problems today trying to fill out the profile? I had an error message just on the first page....

Scube.

I haven't read all the posts in this forum...but I have seen bits and pieces about the 1500/500 mimimum. I don't have quite that number, but I do have turbine/121 experience. Does anyone think that they will allow the substitution of the 121 experience for those mimums anytime soon? Just curious. Merry Christmas. :)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back