• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Express Jet called

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
its refreshing to hear some positive attitudes. Where are you guys based fro Colgan? I recently got hired but have to defer until the next class. I was actually pretty impressed with the people I met. I have been trying to get info on bases etc...Qol, etc.. from people who dont hate life.

Jerkin gear? Are you serious or just being an ass.

Colgan. FO pays much less. Even if you get a 2 year upgrade Captain pay on 1900 is not much more than FO pay at Express. Plus the majority of your route structure is tied to U.S. Air?

And good luck with your PIC turbine. How many people out there with much more experience looking to go to those places. Would you still be happy with your decision if things don't go like you think and you are stuck there for 6 years?

Take the job if you like the company, QOL and such. If you take it for quick upgrade then you might not be very happy.

Jerkin' gear is such a stupid comment anyway. You can be as involved or uninvolved as you want to be as an FO. Know your systems, procedures, and regs, and you are on a par with anyone else in the industry, regardless of seat position.

suupah said:
Is express jet on a hiring spree? Me and a bunch of people i know got called for interviews. Are they taking delivery on a bunch of new planes? How does that affect the ugrade time?
What were your buddies times? (121-135 exp?)

Thanks,
TA

Secret Squirrel said:
Jerkin gear? Are you serious or just being an ass.

Colgan. FO pays much less. Even if you get a 2 year upgrade Captain pay on 1900 is not much more than FO pay at Express. Plus the majority of your route structure is tied to U.S. Air?

And good luck with your PIC turbine. How many people out there with much more experience looking to go to those places. Would you still be happy with your decision if things don't go like you think and you are stuck there for 6 years?

Take the job if you like the company, QOL and such. If you take it for quick upgrade then you might not be very happy.

I hear what you are saying about qol etc... but I was just hired into the saab and the upgrade is currently about a year and a half and the second year captain pay is 42/hour which equal to a ninth year expressJet FO. So there is an upside

Add another one to the list of getting called this morning. It shocked the heck out of me, because I applied Jan 3 and forgot all about it. I had not updated anything and I figured in April it would drop from the system. They wanted me to come to Houston on the 12th, but I already had a flight scheduled so I am now headed down there on the 18th

I wish you all the luck in the world. I have no ill will for anyone.

But what if it is not two years to the Saab. Even if it is thats a year and a half as FO. Then another two years to get your PIC time to be competative. Thats almost 4 years with this company.

Is this still a company you would be comfortable working with for years?

Have you read some of the posts of the past year about Colgan? I know that there are always people that are negative but Colgan has had some threads that would steer me away. Start with the thread "How is Colgan" from 8-04. It always seems to be MX problems. We have only seen them here in Houston for two months and they have had a number of engine problems already. I personally saw one with fire engines follow it in from the runway.

Good luck with your decision.

I got the call for the 18th too... I will see u guys there... Did anyone ask when the class was going to be??? If it is on May 30th that will not be 2 weeks notice. I'm hoping for June 6th. But I have to get the job first. Good luck to all.

Props

Latest resources

Back