Express Jet called

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
vfrflightrules said:
upgrade 3 to 4 years, reserve 7 months, low pay, great company?

Since when is someone entitled to upgrade on a 50 passenger jet in 1.5 years? We had that once at XJT...and frankly, it was scary and we were asking for an accident. Quick upgrades and low time new hires certainly boost the chances of an accident/incident (definitely don't remove the possibility of course).

At the present time, reserve isn't 7 months at XJT.

What is your pay on that 402/C90?

-Neal

BluDevAv8r said:
Since when is someone entitled to upgrade on a 50 passenger jet in 1.5 years? We had that once at XJT...and frankly, it was scary and we were asking for an accident. Quick upgrades and low time new hires certainly boost the chances of an accident/incident (definitely don't remove the possibility of course).

There's a good chance we could have 1.5 year upgrades again by the end of this year depending on how many of our CAL PIGs go over and how the rest of us bid. It'll be interesting to say the least.

ap145 said:
yeah...they say 18 to 24 months to upgrade at TSA but who the hell knows with all this gojets crap...and the atempted takeover at RIC....were supposed to start phasing out the junkstream at the end of this year...but i have no idea what theyre plans are as far as more EMB's...oh wait...we spent millions of dollars on the CRJ's for go jets.....when is AirWis supposed to invade RIC....and is Airways gonna pretty much give us the boot out of there or what......i doubt well lose the code share but as of right now that is the junior fo base

Thats a tough spot, I really feel for you all. I have got a lot of friends there. I was incorrect on my previous statment. The initial word to me was that AWAC was opening up pilot bases in RIC, and ORF, but now it looks like RIC is out. Im not a 100% though, maybe someone else has more knowledge.

thanks man..to be completley honest...im new at this and id be the first to admit that i cant even begin to understand in depth what type of ramifications this go jets thing is gonna have on our pilot group at TSA,,,any words from the wise would be greatly appreciated

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back