• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Express Jet called me. LOL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Otherwise the cycle of abuse will continue (She hits me because she loves me/ wants to see what I'm made out of). Very similar to an abusive personal relationship that continues due to lower self esteem/lack of options.

What the heck are you talking about? There are a lot (more acurately WERE a lot, since most still aren't hiring) of majors that used a confrontational type attitude in their interview process. That definately isn't abuse. It's just a technique. Lots of companies use it. But, back to the point...

All this Dawn bashing is idiotic. For one thing, she's one of the nicest people I know. We all have bad days and we all have some people that we don't click with. But to come on an internet board and trash talk someone because of one bad experience from behind a screen name... Please..... For a second thing, she's not even working for the company now. She's selling real estate. And is a lot more relaxed and happy now than ever. (And just to note, she was waaaaaaaaaay nicer to people than Dresser ever was back in the day...)

Finally, how did your buddy feel after he went off at her and over Express? Did it make him feel better? Did he feel like a big man? If so, I feel for him. He's got a lot bigger issues than a job if he gets off belittling people and adding to their bad day...

Although I'll bet money that the incident really happenned like this:
Dawn: we have an opening tomorrow, would you like to come in?
Him: no ma'am, I can't make that day, it's too soon.
Dawn: okay then, the next opening we have is a month or two away.
Him: Hmmm.... Well, I'm not really interested in XJet at this time. Thanks.
And that was the end of the call. I'll further bet that the story got exagerated into "this buddy of mine told them to F*ck off... blah blah blah... Just my guess...

Sounds like Xjet is pretty darn desperate for pilots, calling the same people over and over, years later.

Bad-Andy said:
There are a lot (more acurately WERE a lot, since most still aren't hiring) of majors that used a confrontational type attitude in their interview process. That definately isn't abuse.
All this Dawn bashing is idiotic.

Its not dawn bashing, its a confrontational type attitude (as you put it).:)

"For one thing, she's one of the nicest people I know...But to come on an internet board and trash talk someone because of one bad experience from behind a screen name... Please..... "

You are 100% right, I really an not trying to "trash talk", I really thought the story was wildly bizarre and It made me laugh hard when I heard it. I apologize if I came off any other way. I'm sure she's smurf-tastic.

"Finally, how did your buddy feel after he went off at her and over Express? Did it make him feel better? Did he feel like a big man? If so, I feel for him. He's got a lot bigger issues than a job if he gets off belittling people and adding to their bad day..."

This sounds like a question for people who interntionally try to use a "confrontational type attitude in their interview process" :)

"Although I'll bet money that the incident really happenned like this:
Dawn: we have an opening tomorrow, would you like to come in?
Him: no ma'am, I can't make that day, it's too soon.
Dawn: okay then, the next opening we have is a month or two away.
Him: Hmmm.... Well, I'm not really interested in XJet at this time. Thanks.
And that was the end of the call. I'll further bet that the story got exagerated into "this buddy of mine told them to F*ck off... blah blah blah... Just my guess..."

You're probably right on, but his story makes for a more amusing reference!

I really don't want to bash your friend on an anonymous board, I think we should all agree that she's a girl who had a big job to do and she did the best she could. I would not want to did through stacks of thousands of resumes every day and then have to call people who wouldn't accept my selection tactics.

BluDevAv8r said:
Acting like a d-ck in this situation doesn't prove anything other than the fact that you are a d-ck.

-Neal

I don't get it. Why would anyone act like a duck? Is this a reference to amazing 80s flick Howard the Duck? The ocar board must have been smoking crack that year to not recognize the pure genius.

Bad-Andy said:
That definately isn't abuse. It's just a technique. Lots of companies use it. ...

the techniques i use to get my ol lady to fetch me a hot meal weren't abuse either, lots of people use the left powerjab technique. That definitely isn't abuse. It's just a technique.

(this post is even more sarcasm laden than my other ones)

Did anybody who got called to fax their stuff in last Wed (6/22/05) hear anything good yet? I haven't heard a thing except a few people I know got the no go letter....

What's the deal with 600TT? Is it a way for them to allow their interns in after putting some time in the office? I've applied every couple of years since 2001 and never got a call back till just this month.

I Hate Freight said:
Sounds like Xjet is pretty darn desperate for pilots, calling the same people over and over, years later.

In our dreams! If regionals were desperate for pilots then my pay check wouldn't be so pathetic and my FO's wouldn't be packing up leftover salami/cheese snacks for the overnight.

nimtz said:
In our dreams! If regionals were desperate for pilots then my pay check wouldn't be so pathetic and my FO's wouldn't be packing up leftover salami/cheese snacks for the overnight.

Well said....Well said!

Latest resources

Back