• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

expletive-laden banter in the cockpit?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yea, cuss words were just invented in the last 20 years by filthy unwashed persons who didn't use perfume.

I was sippin' water when I was reading this thread, when I read Herman's reponse, I blew water through my nose (it kind of hurt)! Succinct & to the point. Funny stuff! I wonder if DragginAss is serious. I hope not.

NoPax said:
Professionalism...yes!

When was the last time you went to a doctor and heard him/her use foul language going about their business?

Language used reflects on the professionalism and manner of the crew or company. I once had a chief flight instructor that would curse all the time, and I had a number of students that commented that any other professional field this would not be tolerated.
Language in front of patients(or pax), I agree. In front of another Doc(or pilot), that's where I throw the b*llsh!t flag. Sorry.

Political Correctness?

I've watched this thread for a little while now and just HAD to throw in my two cents. I'm sorry, but ranting about what somebody does in an emergency situation is ridiculous---training should and does make actions second nature and allows us all to function more consistently, but at the bottom line we're all who we are as individuals. Some of us cuss, some don't. This thread has shown, in the case of at least a couple individuals, that they are so opposed to the use of "colorful" language that they want to ban that use by everyone else....hmmm, remind anyone of other arguments concerning religion, politics, sex, abortion, etc? It's amazing how the Politically Correct in this country aren't content to simply live up to their own standards, but are intent on imposing them on everyone else!

We are who we are in every aspect of our lives, be it with family, in church, in a bar or in a cockpit. Judging peers in terms of whether or not they fit within YOUR idea of what professionalism is reeks of condescension, moral superiority and political correctness. I was taught as a young guy "Judge not lest ye be judged..." A couple of you need to think back on those childhood lessons, and take it easy on judging some of our peers who were faced with the kind of situation that all of us hope to never face.

Latest resources

Back