expletive-laden banter in the cockpit?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ReverseSensing said:
I hope this is after they wash their hands.

Belchfire: Good posts. I think you have exactly the right take on this.
Yea, really.

I cussed while looking for an expidited turn off last night and my jumpseater heard it, do I still have to put 50 cents in the cursing jar?

Step into any OR and you will hear some of the most creative, inspired cussing on earth. Having spent time in both airline cockpits and ORs, I would say docs (or, more specifically, surgeons) are more thoroughly commited to vulgarity than pilots.

Herman Bloom said:
Step into any OR and you will hear some of the most creative, inspired cussing on earth. Having spent time in both airline cockpits and ORs, I would say docs (or, more specifically, surgeons) are more thoroughly commited to vulgarity than pilots.

If I'm the patient, I'm glad I'm unconscious. Not good to hear your doctor drop an F-bomb while cutting you with a scalpel. :eek:

Last edited:
It's a shame that vulgarity has become so entrenched in our culture, and now ever more popularized by Hollywood. The use of profanity shows gross disrespect for people around you, much like stinking of body odor, spitting, etc. Many times it's routine use is used as subtle intimidation by people who want to be seen as powerful or dangerous. In any regard, I personally and repelled by someone who uses the f-word as a substitute for an adequate vocabulary. Classless, trailer-trash, thug, and dimwit are all images that my mind conjures up when hearing vulgar language out of someone's mouth.

If one insists on using it, to make the most effective end-use of vulgarity, it must be used exceeding sparingly, creatively, humorously, and under extreme conditions.

AA717driver said:
Maybe it's easier to avoid the potty-mouth when you fly by yourself...TC

A good education, vocabulary and respect for others around me...helps me avoid the potty-mouth.

Draginass said:
It's a shame that vulgarity has become so entrenched in our culture, and now ever more popularized by Hollywood. The use of profanity shows gross disrespect for people around you, much like stinking of body odor, spitting, etc. Many times it's routine use is used as subtle intimidation by people who want to be seen as powerful or dangerous. In any regard, I personally and repelled by someone who uses the f-word as a substitute for an adequate vocabulary. Classless, trailer-trash, thug, and dimwit are all images that my mind conjures up when hearing vulgar language out of someone's mouth.

If one insists on using it, to make the most effective end-use of vulgarity, it must be used exceeding sparingly, creatively, humorously, and under extreme conditions

What he said.

Draginass said:

If one insists on using it, to make the most effective end-use of vulgarity, it must be used exceeding sparingly, creatively, humorously, and under extreme conditions.

Yep----- I agree!

And they probably don't wash their hands after using the restroom at restaurants and movie theaters either!

The slobs!

Last edited:
Draginass said:

your use of "trailer trash" shows far more "gross disrespect" than vulgarities for people around you

Herman Bloom said:
Right. Your screen name contains profanity.

Excellent observation.

draginass said:
In any regard, I personally and repelled by someone who uses the f-word as a substitute for an adequate vocabulary. Classless, trailer-trash, thug, and dimwit are all images that my mind conjures up when hearing vulgar language out of someone's mouth.

What does your mind "conjure up" when you read a post by someone who calls himself "Draggin Ass"?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back