Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Explain the Delta/Usair slot swap at LGA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rajflyboy

Can someone explain the gate swap deal to me between USAIR and Delta at KLGA ??

And what would the advantages be for either airline wanting to do this??

Thanks in advance!

They swap slots at the 2 airports. That way 1 airline gets all of 1 airport and they other airline has total advantage at the other airport. And Yes, it is illegal and I'm thinking the DOJ will have something to say about it.

The DOJ will be involved and SWA will likely end up with a large number of these slots.

You guys should have jumped in on London Heathrow slots too.....oh wait a second.....ummm....ahhh

Bye Bye--General Lee

Delta just wanted to increase the 90 seat rj flying in LGA, they will phase out the 80/88s and replace with "all rj all the time".. i think its the delta clowns new motto.

Good question why can't the airline that "owns the northeast" make it in the biggest city in the whole country? They're already virtually invisible in EWR & JFK.

Doubt it. Dal and lcc will just call the whole thing off and it will stay status quo.

I know DL will can the deal if it requires slots to go to a competitor. I'll bet no changes are required though as the government knows it's in their interest to have stronger companies in this industry. This deal also has strong support from NY government officials.

Last edited:
Delta just wanted to increase the 90 seat rj flying in LGA, they will phase out the 80/88s and replace with "all rj all the time".. i think its the delta clowns new motto.

Probably not the plan, but if they do, Moak will give em the scope concessions they need.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back