• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Evergreen

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Really sorry to hear Evergreen is shutting down Nov 29. Had a blast flying there....

Sorry to hear this.

On a positive note, the majors are hiring. We are losing several people to them every month here at Kalitta. We just called back the last of the furloughed guys and it looks like there will be some new-hire classes in the near future to cover attrition. Good luck guys.

Although not a total shock, still feels like a death in the family. Its not gunna be the same out there without yous guys! All the best.

He is a good guy! I hope he finds something better.

What is your guess? Think we make it to Thanksgiving?

I have been told by scheduling that they have been adding flights to the schedule. But I don't have access to the plot.

My guess is just after Thanksgiving.. Around the 29th. :)

Enjoyed it. Good Luck. Time for me to get a real job.

I am truly sorry that the all the employees at Evergreen will suffer over what has been done to the company. I was there for 10 years in both Flying and Management and myself and the others that were there then still talk about all the great people that worked for the company and how good the crews were and still are. Contrary to "popular belief", this type of thing is exactly why I left, on my own, because myself and the owners had a huge disagreement over furloughing 30 crew members , most of whom we had just hired as told to, for some huge contract that they never got. All at his direction. I just could not stomach it anymore. My health was going bad and I would not do the furlough, so I resigned. Yes there were things that happened on a personal level between myself and the then VP of Flight Ops, but I left on my own and have documents to prove it.
I am so sorry that we could not have made to better when we were there, but only one person ultimately controlled ALL of the Major Decisions in the Airline.
I am hopeful that each of you will find another opportunity soon and be happy just being able to fly and not constantly worry about your jobs. Myself, I am old and Medically retired now, can't work because the Docs won't allow me, bur I think of all that time and all those mean and women at Evergreen that I worked with and how we'll they did their job.

God Bless to all of you,

Greg Troxell

From Evergreen's website clicked on "Statement concerning recent articles in the media"

McMinnville, Oregon -- November 8, 2013

As has been previously reported in the press, Evergreen's business has been adversely impacted over the past several years by decreased demand in military spending and weakness in global economic markets. Management has moved to aggressively address these challenges, including through the divestiture of businesses and assets and the significant reduction of secured debt. Evergreen is in discussions with its significant constituencies and is exploring available strategic alternatives with those constituencies. While Evergreen generally does not comment on market rumor or conjecture, rumors that a decision has been made to cease operations at this time are false. Evergreen remains committed to continuing to address the current business environment with its customers.

-Delford M. Smith
Chief Executive Officer,
Evergreen International Aviation, Inc.

Latest resources

Back