• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Evergreen

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
3 planes can fly till the end of Dec.. IF we pay the bills. The crazy people that own these planes want to get paid. We could have been flying three all along if we could pay for gas and make a payment to Boeing for 779. You need money to move the planes. They paid boeing so we can fly again and we paid for some fuel. But at some point we will be stopped again. The CEO is inop... (classic write up by a capt last week) He has to go or EIA will be done. We shall hear something soon..

The rats are jumping ship. Some long time DMS friends have quit. Are CFO bailed yesterday (No Great Loss). Several pilots with many years here have left in the last two weeks. Pretty much a drift at sea at this point.

I hate to say it, but they may be the smart ones. I spoke to a long time captain and he was stressing on where he could be sitting in the world, when the shutdown happens and how to get home. How much of a hotel bill he may have to pay himself, if EZ owes a bunch to the hotel he happens to be sitting in. How much will he be owed in the end and never see? He was seriously considering cutting his loses.

They are the smart ones. You don't want to get stuck in PVG when this falls apart for good.
We have a few with lots of vacation time built up. One left this week the other is still hanging out. They should have left months ago. Del's Mgt team (Or the yes men and lady squad) are all heading for the doors. Seems like some of them might be afraid of spending a little time in jail. The rest of us will stay till something comes along. Anything at this point. It was a great time till about 2 years ago. 24 years with some great people. Oh well. But we do have the water park.

EIA Guys,

I and many others have been right where you are now. Twice in my case. If your furloughed now, start calling anybody you know out in the industry. There are jobs out there. Some of those jobs may only be suitable for the short term but they will pay and keep you current.

The thing I really wanted to say is for those still flying. All of the above also applies for you but the biggest thing you guys have to do is keep your heads in the airplane. The constant what ifs, the loss of sleep, the stress on your families all makes your job now more dangerous than probably at any time in your career unless you have done actual combat. Before a trip, cut back on your time in the lobby of the Five Towns collecting the latest rumours. Better yet, for your own sanity stay away all together. You can only take so much of that talk before you get to depressed to think straight. When you get to cruise take out a book or a puzzle. If you fly a long haul flight and hash this stuff over for hours on end you will be so stressed when it comes time to fly the approach that you stand a serious chance of making a "one time" mistake. Supress the urge to make that one last point to your coworkers as you cross the marker. You guys have flown into severe turbulence in your economic lives but need to stay in the game profesionally. Please don't take this as preaching. I have a friend who was in the cockpit of an airline in trouble once as a jumpseater. He had to remind the guys to put the gear down because they were obsessing over the current status of their airline and its imminent demise. Keep your heads up. Nothing you can do now will change the ultimate outcome of EIA. It will live or die on the actions of others who don't sit in the pointy end of airplanes doing the sometimes dangerous work every day. The death of an airline is very much like the death of a close family member or friend. Much of how most of us think about ourselves has some corelation to what we do for a living. What is the first question usually asked at a party? "So, what do you do?" Flying is not all you are but it also is a large part of who you are. Keep in mind that you have a life outside of work.

Some of you may have been keeping much of what is happening at EIA from your wives or significant other. While I don't advocate telling them every little piece of news you should start to prepare them for the possiblity that you might become unemployed. I have know guys that have kept all of the bad news away from their wives and then been ask on the day of a shut down how it could have happend. It will be much easir for them to begin to recover if they have a little warning that a shut down is a possibility.

EIA's crews have nothing to be ashamed of. While it will be hard, and many will at least for awhile make less than they do now, you will find jobs.

Good Luck and Godspeed.

Jet

Last edited:
"WE" don't have a water park. Del has a water park that "WE" paid for with our hard work, blood, sweat and tears.

I hope the feds do a full investigation. Several people (including Del) need to go to jail!

I fully understand that "WE" do not have a water park.. I have been here long enough to understand that. I also know how all of that crap across the street was paid for. From money generated by the airline.

I would be shocked if Del goes to the can. Several people who are now leaving quick will take the fall. I could be wrong but I think that will be the case.

I fully understand that "WE" do not have a water park.. I have been here long enough to understand that. I also know how all of that crap across the street was paid for. From money generated by the airline.

I would be shocked if Del goes to the can. Several people who are now leaving quick will take the fall. I could be wrong but I think that will be the case.

I heard the F'Ups in Mickeyville are all planning to blame one of the LM's in Dover for all the legally questionable activities.

Poor bastard....at EZ for over 2 decades and they picked him to take the fall.

I think Marty suggested him.

Latest resources

Back