• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I heard they now have three 400s:
491 Still going strong.
492 should be online by June or July.
493 Supposedly online in May.
Has anybody heard anything different?
And if this is true, how the heck do they intend to staff these aircraft?

491 is going strong. We hope to have 492 on line at the end of June. I here talk of 493 maybe in May. Now they have to start moving crews fast to make this all happen. I can't see how they could crew 493 if we do get it. Thats a big if!! The new president we have seems to want to make things happen.

We have only one 747-400. For the last few years we have heard of Multible 747-400's that were supposed to show up. They never showed up.

I am giving this new President a chance. We will see if he can make things happen or not. He seems to understand the need for more 400's. This is the first outsider we have had as airline President in a long time. I can only think of one or two Presidents in the last 23 years that have not been from inside EIA. I hope he is allowed to make the changes needed to make this place work. He already is out in the system meeting people and went to Jeddah to sit down with the Saudis. The President we had before him never set foot in JED. In fact no one from MMV took the time to go to JED and meet with them. I am keeping my fingers crossed..

Latest resources

Back