• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Evergreen Furlough

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I interviewed there 2 years ago. The only interview I could get in 2009. I was out of work for 7 months, so what the hell. After spending almost $1000 for airline tickets, rental car and hotel to get there, I don't get the job. I get my rejection letter in the mail on Christmas Eve. Wonder if God was trying to tell me something.

I was out of flying work for another 7 months.

Assuming, finally, that you got a better job........then it was definetly for the best. At the time, I am sure it seemed to suck.

But EZ has turned into a complete blackhole. I talked to a co worker last night who just sent out resumes and he has 14 yrs with the company. I have over a decade and I am looking. I have heard there are several more guys with similar longevity that are looking too. Most guys hired in the last 3-5 yrs have left or are trying like hell to get out of here.

In fact, the number one thing new crewmembers are told by the oldtimers....is get the heck out. Don't stay, don't waste your time!

Assuming, finally, that you got a better job........then it was definetly for the best. At the time, I am sure it seemed to suck.

But EZ has turned into a complete blackhole. I talked to a co worker last night who just sent out resumes and he has 14 yrs with the company. I have over a decade and I am looking. I have heard there are several more guys with similar longevity that are looking too. Most guys hired in the last 3-5 yrs have left or are trying like hell to get out of here.

In fact, the number one thing new crewmembers are told by the oldtimers....is get the heck out. Don't stay, don't waste your time!

What he said.

according to my well placed source in the aircraft leasing business.... the plane is under negotiation still, and being converted by the owner no matter what the outcome of the sale/lease to Evergreen will be. At this point there is a letter of intent and nothing more from Evergreen to the lessor.

Well I was given wrong info.. The plane is leaving ROW for PDX on Thur the 15th. With two of our best Mgt pilots on board. Sorry about the bad info I will have to smack the person who said it was in MZJ already. But still a lot can go wrong between now and then.

Well I was given wrong info.. The plane is leaving ROW for PDX on Thur the 15th. With two of our best Mgt pilots on board. Sorry about the bad info I will have to smack the person who said it was in MZJ already. But still a lot can go wrong between now and then.

2 of our best mgt. pilots on board?

What criteria are you using? Best Liars? Best Phonies? Best Hypocrites?

Why interview a bunch of guys, tell them they are in a hiring pool and then furlough a bunch of guys? Is there a logical explanation?

Latest resources

Back