• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Evergreen Furlough

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
IF in fact the company is sold, it can't get any worse under the new owners than under Del... at least they might be genuinely interested in building and running an airline, and not an ATM to finance the rest of the water park.

OR, EZ could go the way of a lot of companies bought by investors.... squeeze every penny out of it and then part it out.

To get the 747 experience, I'm willing to take the chance. My lifestyle is such that I can survive (barely) through a furlough. I'll know its coming, so I can plan for it. Nobody else calling, so it works for me. One mans "trash" is anothers gold.

Don't say you haven't been warned.

By the way, you won't always know it's coming. Sometimes at EZ there is no warning of a furlough.

I guess some people have to learn the hard way.

Last edited:
IF in fact the company is sold, it can't get any worse under the new owners than under Del... at least they might be genuinely interested in building and running an airline, and not an ATM to finance the rest of the water park.

OR, EZ could go the way of a lot of companies bought by investors.... squeeze every penny out of it and then part it out.

After a decade plus here.....I am ready to take the chance with any new owners.

In fact, I would rather see a bankruptcy and have the courts and bankers involved then to continue to see Del f$@% his employees while he builds his museums and stupid amusement parks.

Del should rot in hel.

By the way, you won't always know it's coming. Sometimes at EZ there is no warning of a furlough.

If you are a pilot, and you are not prepared for an unannounced furlough, then you had it coming. IMOHO of course.

Those are wise words from talking to my friend who's a captain there... You don't want to leave ANY job today for a job at Evergreen.... you might find yourself unemployed and non-current very fast with no jobs hiring.

I am asking Santa that the new owner is either K4, Atlas, FEDEX or UPS.

If it turns out to be the Water Park that bought us, well at least we have a cool water slide.

If it turns out to be the Water Park that bought us, well at least we have a cool water slide.

if I had to bet, I'd bet it's a little known PE fund or something along those lines.... I doubt airlines like those would have any need for buying another airline... especially when the entire fleet is all but useless.

If you are a pilot, and you are not prepared for an unannounced furlough, then you had it coming. IMOHO of course.

One more thing you should know.....we are parking 2 classics next year. We may or we may not get the 2 400's that management has said are coming. We have been told many, many times that new planes are coming. Only 1 came, the rest were taken by other carriers. It has happened over and over and over.

Your career at Evergreen could be very short and your furlough could be very long! Furloughs while in new hire training have happened before at Evergreen!

But if you still insist on coming, welcome aboard.

If it turns out that the water park bought us, then I am going to piss in the pool; and leave an unwrapped Baby Ruth floating, ala Caddyshack!

I predict nobody has bought us. EHI maybe was sold.

Latest resources

Back