• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Evergreen Furlough

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It is because of the union we are so low on the pay and benefits right now.

the majority of us are ready to strike and shut this place down. IF they don't want to pay then they can go out of business. But literally for the last three years ALPA in DC has been telling us we can't strike, they won't support it because Evergreen is and has been in bad shape.

It is time for ALPA to go away and for the crewmembers to take control of the siuation.

What about the rest of the non flight crew? I think you guys deserve a contract and a raise but if you hate it here then leave. Kalitta Southern Atlas are all better jobs just go.. You guys wanted ALPA..

3 plus years ago Buzz Wright said it was $50 million. So I think $75 million is probably close. But it doesn't matter whether it is 20 mill or 50 mill or 75 million. It was still a colossal waste of money and a total failure!

Del cares more about building a third rate amusement park then he does running an airline.

You are correct.. about the running of the airline. Buzz is not the best place to get your info about the tanker or a lot of other things. You will have better luck in the 5 towns lobby. No money has been put into the tanker in two years.

Okay, since I think I have an idea of who you are I will accept what you say as very informed.

As far as any of the flightcrew leaving......it is hard to start over at another airline with zero seniority, after investing 10-20 years at an airline.

It sucks for the non-flight crew when the crew have to strike, but you know that is the only way Delford will EVER give the crew a raise. Even then, he might choose to shut down the airline rather than give the crew a penny.

As far as wanting ALPA....for many of us, we did not want ALPA. It was nowhere near a unanimous vote. A fair amount of us wanted to keep TAG, and others wanted Teamsters. But B.F. and J.T. wanted ALPA so that is what we are currently stuck with.

... but you know that is the only way Delford will EVER give the crew a raise. Even then, he might choose to shut down the airline rather than give the crew a penny.

friend of mine that works there is telling me that the MEC is basically negotiating a concessionary contract..... more days on, no business class travel, and cuts in benefits.... all in return for a "couple" of bucks an hour... but the productivity and travel gains for management will be a windfall for company... what do you hear?

I think you guys would have done better without BF.. I am a big fan of the flight crews and you guys should get lots more for what you do and for what you have done.

I could be wrong but I think we have moved into a different time here at the zone. The new president and CEO wants to make this work. The old leadership may just leave him alone to run the airline. I have never seen that before. He has a long up hill climb but I think he can make it work.

friend of mine that works there is telling me that the MEC is basically negotiating a concessionary contract..... more days on, no business class travel, and cuts in benefits.... all in return for a "couple" of bucks an hour... but the productivity and travel gains for management will be a windfall for company... what do you hear?

There aren't any negotiations going on at all.....as far as any concessions; it will never pass. Not a chance.

What your friend is passing along is the companies proposals...DOA!

Company says that the 2nd 400 will be operating last week of May and the 3rd 400 will be operating the last week of June. All three are on property.

Company says that the 2nd 400 will be operating last week of May and the 3rd 400 will be operating the last week of June. All three are on property.

with about 20 FO's per plane, does this mean they're going to be hiring 40?

Any plans to park anymore classics?

The company's communication states that all classics will be replaced by B747-400's by 2014-2015. If EIA can find work for the classics they will fly them. They might be around longer.

Latest resources

Back