• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Evergreen Furlough

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
to do what with though? Who wants to charter -200's now when everyone else is using -400's and even -800's and 777 are the new freighters du jur

Depending on the length of the trip (short 3 hour flight vs a 8 - 9 hour haul) and average cargo load a -200 might fit the bill over a -400. And I bet the charter cost of an -800 or 777 is a lot more than a -200. It all depends on need.

Here is a hypothetical question: Let's say a cargo crew is in a place like Saudi and the chief pilot were to call and say "hotel payments may not be getting through, make sure the front desk doesn't see when you leave the hotel", then the crew actually follows his advice...not that a hotel checkout should be so important, but wouldn't that possibly be a form of theft in an Arab country, and could that be a little unsafe? Maybe there's more to the story, but it's always good to keep your head in the game fellas.

The hotel scenario in Saudi is potentially an issue. When World declared chapter 11 last year I was quite nervous as I had about a 5000 hotel bill in Riyadh. I started paying every day just to not let that happen again. Thankfully the credit card has not ever failed but if it did Saudi would be a bad place.

That is one problem.. When the contract ends what ever money owed to Saudi will come out of the last payment. Now if you were to have other outstanding bills with the hotels/compounds/ MX vendors other than Saudi. Then Saudia can hold the plane and whoever is left in the kingdom untill the bills are paid.

Here is a hypothetical question: Let's say a cargo crew is in a place like Saudi and the chief pilot were to call and say "hotel payments may not be getting through, make sure the front desk doesn't see when you leave the hotel", then the crew actually follows his advice...not that a hotel checkout should be so important, but wouldn't that possibly be a form of theft in an Arab country, and could that be a little unsafe? Maybe there's more to the story, but it's always good to keep your head in the game fellas.

I'd be a lot more worried about that in China or some parts of Africa. The Saudis aren't going to throw you in jail just because your company went bankrupt.

Yeah the Saudi's still do public beheadings......I for one don't want to to test the waters, although I agree many other really bad places including Africa.

Latest resources

Back