Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ever get Turned or Slowed for The "Love Machine"?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I thought it was funny! You get steaks to kaui and I get peanuts to Lubbock. Good thing I make $200 an hour or I'd be jealous.

Gup

When you grease the palms of the FAA what do you think is going to happen? Just wait, sooner or later they'll taxi by you at the SWA standard taxi speed of V1 and run off a taxi way.

Watch out for Delta landing on that taxiway.
:eek:

Don't think I've been passed by a 737 in the air. If they want to pass us on the ground, more power to them. I'll see them later on the airway above us doing .77 while I'm enjoying a steak at .83 and passing right below them on my way to a nice layover in a city far far away in a galaxy known as.......okay I'm losing it... I'm starting to sound like GeneralLee

.77/.83 ? who gives a %$&#?

enjoy that steak.......General Jr.

Don't you hate it when the controller turns you out of the way or slows you down so that the SWA Love Machine can come blowing right by you?

The worst is actually on the ground when you are stopped so that SWA can blast in front of you (I most often see this in Nashville).

Now... What can we do about this? Call our congressman? It seems like discrimination to me!

I went back and looked at your previous posts. Looking back it looks to me as if you work for Netjets. Am I correct? based on your username I would have thought somewhere different such as Republic or Chataqua or one of those RJ operators.....

Who do you work for or what do you fly that you are slowed by ATC because you can't fly 170 to 5 miles? Are you flying a Citation II

I was on 20+ mile straight-in final in an ATR in the early 2000's. The controller tells me, "Turn 10 degrees to the right. I'm going to take you off the localizer for overtaking 737 traffic". I said, "We can do that, but I'm doing 250 indicated. How fast is the overtaking traffic going?" He answered, "Oh, never mind...it looks like the spacing will be ok". I replied, "Yeah, that's what I thought."

Overlooking those kinds of violations use to really piss me off. Now I'm older and I just ignore the Corn-Dogs. I'm mostly jealous that the 737 climb rate is so much better than my Airbus.

RedDogC130 said:
Who do you work for or what do you fly that you are slowed by ATC because you can't fly 170 to 5 miles? Are you flying a Citation II

The only place a Citation II is "equal" in speed performance to a "real jet" is below 10,000ft....;)

You can fly a Citation II 170kts to a 2-3 mile final and still cross the fence at its ~105kt Vref...

Later on I heard that the Assistant Chiefs have a slush fund to buy pizza parties for the local controllers. I guess that it does not hurt that the LUV muffin brings is a lot of landing fees to these second tier airports.

An excellent example of "enlightened self-interest". While other airlines will find ways to cut $5 a day out of their budget regardless of the impact on employee morale, ATC or their vendors, Southwest Airlines management recognizes that $50 worth of pizzas sent to a tower once a quarter will produces thousands of dollars worth of fuel savings in priority handling.

This clearly demonstrates how leadership trumps management.

"Managers do things right, but Leaders do the right thing".

Raj, those dumb a$$ controlers obviously don't know wtf you are. I'm sure if you tell the pax' secret service detail they'll clear the way in the furture.

To my cousins on the mainline side, let me appologize for the flamer who started this post. Even Netjets has its General.

Now that SWA flies a CI of 20 (261-266kts in the decent), I doubt you're getting turned out so they can "blow right by you". Taxiing on the other hand is a whole different animal.

:eek: Please tell me you didn't just use that phrase in a SWA thread!!!:eek:

Also, just because the computer is set up for a certain CI does not mean that it won't fly any faster...don't forget about Constant Mach, Time To Fix, and the always popular "manual speed selection." Ok, so i don't know if the 737 boxes used at SWA will do those, but i would guess they are pretty common features among all boxes...especially since manual speed selection has nothing to do with a box.

Latest resources

Back