Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
surplus1 said:

Briefing - CA to FO

"CRM = this is a Crew, you are the Resource, I am Management. Any questions?

Just kidding guys. Smile.

I am going to have to use that one:D

I thought the quote was something like: "The only thing worse than a captain who has never been a copilot is a copilot who used to be a captain." Think about it. :D

Jeff G said:
I thought the quote was something like: "The only thing worse than a captain who has never been a copilot is a copilot who used to be a captain." Think about it. :D

Oh yeah :D

Does this count?

Do short Napoleonic Ex Military Captains count? (I will refrain from commenting on the service). Then yes. I agree with the comment about a Captain that has never been an FO. I have learned more about how I want to be when I return to the left seat because of what I have seen and heard sitting in the right.

One of my close captain friends from the regional I flew for told me of flying with a guy that had the nickname of "Captain FO" who use to keep the FOM out on his lap and preach. Finally on the last leg, he had enough. When briefing for the visual approach he said to the FO, "This f$@$#@g airplane on that f&*%$#g runway. Any questions?"

Lets just say the FOM was put up.

Yall Fly Safe.
Humble

rumpletumbler,

Maybe not Captain Queeg but... worse if you can believe it. I was only one among many in a long list of FO's this person used as human toilet paper. Here are just a few characteristics of my least memorable captain:

Egomaniacle, bullying, extremely confrontational, demeaning to subordinates, "knows it all," "did it all," undermining of even the slightest amount of confidence his F/O managed to build, verbally threaten to do physical harm to F/O, threaten to fire F/O at least once a week, unable to accurately remember any of his own mistakes, (he just remembered his mistakes differently than they actually occurred... he lied), able to remember all and even the smallest F/O mistakes, etc, etc, etc... Good news is, these people don't usually go very far if they survive.

Bitter, me? At first, yes. I eventually learned to treat it as a learning experience though. If you have had similar experiences, pm me and I'm sure I can give you some advice.

Oh yeah, this is the best part!!

His first words to me in the cockpit were:

"I don't need you here, I don't want you here, the only reason you are here is because this aircraft requires two pilots."

I'll never forget it!! Now, I have to laugh every time I recall the day he said that to me. He could have starred in the posted video.

An infamous Capt. brief at our airline states that the F/O can be replaced with a magazine rack, and the F/A with a Coke machine...

Ahhhh...Panic Boy.....

The memories. That dude would run back to the lav on the 120 as soon as the sterile light went off. And every single **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** time, I had to turn the freakin' recirc fans off so I wouldn't pass out.

As far as the whole CO-Captain thing............ Have I got some stories about that!!! :eek:

Captain X said:
The memories. That dude would run back to the lav on the 120 as soon as the sterile light went off. And every single **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** time, I had to turn the freakin' recirc fans off so I wouldn't pass out.

Well there is always 100% O2. :D

Latest resources

Back