• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ever flown with Captain Queeg?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I flew with that guy, he offered me $20 bucks for a hummer on an overnight. I'm not kidding, the f cking queer made a move.

Great stories

Typhoon1244,

Unfortunately, I have several stories... all from the same self-centered pretentious fool.

There was the time he wanted to depart an airway at night to land at high mountain airport with no published approach. Or the time he tried to change a gear-down light bulb and fly the jet down short final. Or the time he took off knowing his gear doors were out of sequence. Or the time he missed an approach at one airport and then cancelled... just so he could scud-run to another field... in a jet. Or the time he departed a short, wet runway with no performance numbers.

When anything did go wrong, his F/O's were crucified. His memory of any incident curiously seemed to always be different from what actually happened.

I'm laughing my butt off right now because he thought he was sooo great.

Luckily, I wasn't there long and got to hear about many of these "command decisions."

I definitely learned something from that experience though. It supported my resolve to never treat an F/O, or subordinate the way a Queeg would.

Latest resources

Back