Even Warren Buffett is bleeding money

fischman

Total Time
Luckily Mr. Buffett has a lot of blood.

o2bflyn

Total Time
>40
Yeah, but when you still need over $125,000 just to buy ONE share of Bershire-Hathaways A stock......I think you can afford a little hit in the wallet every now and again.

wolfpackpilot

Diehard Republican
Total Time
7000+
I think the point of this article is a refresher of what Mr. Buffett said a few weeks back when asked about the current state of the economy...

Its going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

o2bflyn

Total Time
>40
I think the point of this article is a refresher of what Mr. Buffett said a few weeks back when asked about the current state of the economy...

Its going to get a lot worse before it gets better.
True enough.

blueridge71

Outlasted two companies
Total Time
9000+
It took a long time to get in this mess. It will take a long time to get out.

Do a little reading on the Community Reinvestment Act of 1977 and how Clinton stepped up its enforcement in the 90s. Looks like a smoking gun to me.

Trash8Mofo

Kook!
Total Time
7&7
Dumb and poor people (myself included) sweat it during times like these. Rich people buy low and make billions when opportunity knocks, such as times like these.
Low tides expose those who are naked. Buffett, Netjets, Southwest, etc are NOT naked. We are waiting for the others to leave and make more room for ourselves.

captain dad

Total Time
Free
He just spent $5 billion on Goldman Sachs.

I think he'll be ok.

I nominate Uncle Warren for Sec. of the treasury.

AeroBoy

Cereal Killer
Total Time
'Nuf
It took a long time to get in this mess. It will take a long time to get out.

Do a little reading on the Community Reinvestment Act of 1977 and how Clinton stepped up its enforcement in the 90s. Looks like a smoking gun to me.
I imagine if Clinton stepped up enforcement of this, then the following part of the law would have been enforced as well: "Nor does the law require institutions to make high-risk loans that jeopardize their safety."

I don't think it's the smoking gun more than you trying to blow smoke up our a$$es to forward your own personal political view. Nice try.

Bronco Buster

Total Time
Buffet and Obama

I find it humorous that several of the folks on this board hold Warren Buffet in such high regard and yet seem to have an almost visceral distaste for Obama. One guy even says that Obama is red (It's obvious he never read Das Kapital or the Communist Manifesto, though I guess he does listen to Rush Limbaugh and Bill OReilly.) The humorous part is that Warren Buffet is the ultimate capitalist and patriotic American and not only does he support Senator Obama, but has said that Obama would make a great leader that will take this nation in the right direction.

wolfpackpilot

Diehard Republican
Total Time
7000+
I find it humorous that several of the folks on this board hold Warren Buffet in such high regard and yet seem to have an almost visceral distaste for Obama.
When it comes to matters of the almighty dollar... I pay homage to Warren, and none other. But just like the Eagles and Lynard Skynard are the greatest bands of all time (and I'll fight ya to prove it!:D)....

I don't ask any of them for political advice.

Total Time
6500HR
This Led Zeppelin fan is ready to throw down.

wolfpackpilot

Diehard Republican
Total Time
7000+
Oh I put a few buds away to some "stairway" tunes with a high school honey.

Come to think of it, that chick had curves like the West Virgina turnpike... BAM!

fischman

Total Time
How can you possibly compare The Eagles to The Beatles? Nowhere close.