• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Even more quotes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I always find it interesting when pilots try to increase their income by holding the company hostage with a greedy collective bargaining agreement, jeapardizing the jobs of pilots and coworkers.

When management gives up their bonuses and stock options when profitability falters due to high labor costs, pilots fail to see that there is a balance that could have been achieved with a fair bargaining agreement. They think that they are the only ones working for the company and it all revolves around them.

Pilots complain about golden parachutes with management, yet they yell "victory" when Netjets dumps an unlimited amount of money into the biggest union boondoggle in aviation history, this company wide golden parachute program given to pilots that all of you are so proud of.

well unfortunatly for you, the lives of my wife and children and grandchildren outweight your needs to take the money we work for.

sory but thats just the way it is. If you dont like then make it so we dont need unions anymore. Only YOU can do that.

These guys and gals at options WILL get paid a fair salary or the company will be ruined....period.

I kinda hope they do burn it down....it will send a good message to rest of crook managers this country has produced.

sorry but thats just the way it.

be careful what you ask for.

Last edited:
as long as you get yours though right?

I understand that you're mad......get over it.

I dont understand why you are getting so upset over all this. Ive told you before I dont really care for unions, but until management begins to pay what the job is worth, they get unions. Yourself is to blame.

Only you can change things b19/skanza. Pay pilots what the job pays and you WILL avoid a union. Just like by brushing your teeth you WILL avoid cavaties. I am getting tired of saying the same thing over and over but that is your only option.

I cant make it any more simple than that. Its up to you, so save your typing skills.

Well really, I don't know how a guy that's not BT, and another guy that's a line pilot can change things as you say here. Maybe you could share how this works...

Well really, I don't know how a guy that's not BT, and another guy that's a line pilot can change things as you say here. Maybe you could share how this works...

well you two complain an awful lot about how bad unions are.....I agree, but untill management pays a fair wage they deserve a union.

Soooooo.......b19 said he 'manages" a flight dept.....that is the start. As a manager, a little less time working on your golden parachute and a little more time paying your employees what the deserve, you would be amazed how well your company will run. And that is WITHOUT a union. I dont really care for unions, never really liked them, but, i'd rather have a unoon and make a wage that will support my family over making a wage that give's my boss a new boat while im starving. Be careful what you ask for.

and you, well im not sure what you or who you work for but i hope you only fly on my days off. You have a lot to learn about operating a jet. I hope your captains are guiding you well and please take their advice. With your cowboy, uncaring, make-it-happen at regardless of safety and mx attitude, i dont want you flying with me. I only fly with true professionals that follow the rules and do things right. If i know i got a good plane and good weather then by all means, sit you butt in the right seat and i'd be glad to educate you. You may have to fly my grandkids someday and I dont want you fcking it up thank you.

when you get there, then we'll talk about you.

Last edited:
that may be the funniest thing i've ever read. when in aviation has what you suggested ever happened and if it did, i'm SURE mgt took the paycut first to take care of those employees that you always say you value. BTW, how much was your bonus last year? $50,000? You are proud your airline is non-union. Sounds like it's doing pretty well. Did you advocate sharing the wealth with those that provide the service? I suspect not. cheap labor is one way to keep those stock options flowing in. Oh, i sure hope you don't have a mgt contract with your employer that specifies your compensation and isn't flexible for economic downturns. that would just be....greedy.

Look at it this way: These 'evil' management people are the ones that own the company. They have thier money tied up in it, and thier goal is to make more. But without them, you wouldn't work here, much less have a salary to complain about. If it were your company, wouldn't you have the same interest?

Also, like I've been saying for so long and nobody answers me: You accepted the job at the offered pay. Did they all of the sudden decrease it after you started working? If the pay was 'sub-standard' as you claim, why didn't you turn it down? To take a job and then complain about the pay seems pretty childish to me, folks.

If it were your company, wouldn't you have the same interest?

no, i have a busines that I run....and I cant run it by myself. So I pay my employees what they deserve and then some. If all I thought about was profit, I'd be sitting there by myself.

Any other questions?

well you two complain an awful lot about how bad unions are.....I agree, but untill management pays a fair wage they deserve a union.

Soooooo.......b19 said he 'manages" a flight dept.....that is the start.

and you, well im not sure what you are but I do know with your cowboy, uncaring, make-it-happen at regardless of safety and mx attitude, i dont want you flying with me. I only fly with true professionals that follow the rules and do things right. If i know i got a good plane and good weather then by all means, sit you butt in the right seat and i'd be glad to educate you. You may have to fly my grandkids someday and I dont want you fcking it up thank you. Dude, enough with that! I never advocate anything unsafe or immoral. I'm all about safe flying and safe MX. Really. I just don't think that using write-ups and abusing a pilot's decision to fly as leverage for a larger salary is the way to go. But you twist that into unsafe practices somehow.

when you get there, then we'll talk about you.

p.s. Right seat? Really with the "I'm the almighty PIC, respect me!" bull$hit?

no, i have a busines that I run....and I cant run it by myself. So I pay my employees what they deserve and then some. If all I thought about was profit, I'd be sitting there by myself.

Any other questions?

No, you couldn't do it by yourself old man. That's why you hire employees. If you're not paying the fairly, then no one will work for you. Meaning, no one will accept your offer - as opposed to taking the job and then threatening to shut down your company if they don't get a raise.
Childish.

No, you couldn't do it by yourself old man. That's why you hire employees. If you're not paying the fairly, then no one will work for you. Meaning, no one will accept your offer - as opposed to taking the job and then threatening to shut down your company if they don't get a raise.
Childish.

lol nice try.....gonna have to better than that.

I pay them well to start. Then they will stay. There is no union at my shop and I give raises every 6 months. When times are bad then "I" take a pay cut because I can afford to.

anything else?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back