• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Eurpoean Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A good friend of mine just got picked up by Aer Lingus, starting pay 58000 euros! Sounds like if you have the JAA licences pay seems better in the old world.

The main obstacle to flying in Europe is the Immigration and especially the JAA licence system-a major beaurocratic nightmare as experienced by a couple of good friends who did the conversion.

You can fly in Europe with a validation on you FAA license. To do this there has to be need for qualified applicants and you need 1500 hours as PIC on Multi-CREW airplanes, and to act as fo you need 1500 hours in a Multi-CREW airplane. To get the JAA license you need the required total time and to pass 14 brutal theorhetical exams. These exams cost 109 euros each and normally take 6 months to complete. You can do them in 2 months but it will be a full time job and you'll need someone to pull some strings with the person who administers them. The tests are normally only administered once every three months. I take the first seven JAA exams next week and I've been studying 6 hours a day for the last month. Once you have the JAA license and the right to work in EU, which is easier to get than for the US, the job market is wide open, and the pay is great here. With the conversion rate I make double what I was making as Capt in the US. Good luck and if you want to get the JAA ATPL get ready to put some serious effort in.

Well, the language barrier should be no problem for me getting a job with KLM. I speak english almost as well as most Dutch I've met...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:​

Can we not tone down the jingoistic rhetoric a little? You can't bitch about open skies on one thread and how difficult it is to get hired in the EU on another.

Umm, who are you replying to? Not sure who "bitched" about open skies deal - did I miss something? Wouldn't be the first time...

KLM FA's laying over at the same hotels we do!

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:​

What we need is more open communication and less trashing. (AND, more KLM FA's laying over at the same hotels we do! :D ) TC

Hmm, TC: Ya seem to be in a really good mood these days?

Just looking forward to going back to the devil....? :beer:

See ya there.

D

Latest resources

Back