• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Eurpoean Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you're married to a EU citizen and have or are willing to pay for a 737 rating, you can get hired at Ryanair. (I'm sure there's more to it but I'm too lazy to look up the post on another site. I just know I'm not elgiable.) TC

Sooo, you mean it’s sort of like a EU citizen wanting to work for SWA, huh? Gotta get that green card first (lottery, marry someone, or better yet, jump the fence and wait for amnesty) and then just get the type rating…;)

And by the way I know several americans working for european airlines. It's in no way easier to get a job in the states as a european.

However, if you are European and you want to work at a US airline...no problem....come on over.

Oh little do you know Mr. Narrowminded. Please enlighten me....

Here is a white, western European, christian educated guy (not that it matters but hey..) who payed over 20.000 USD in legal and INS fees to immigrate the legal way. Good thing it "only" took me 6 years.

There are plenty of European airlines who will hire Americans, give them workpermits and validate their FAA licenses.

- Ask all americans flying for Ryanair or;
- ask some mesaba guys working for Cityjet in Paris..) or;
- Fly to MSP and ask some NWA mainline guys who got a job flying for KLM when they got furloughed early 90's

NO us airline will ever sponsor a non citizen / greencard holder for a green card and/or work permit.

I do not regret my choices, nobody forced me to come over here, and I live happily with my fiance (yes that eurotrash accent works pretty d*mn good).

The only thing I regret is that I came over the legal way. I should have jumped over the border Illegally (would that make me the first illegal immigrant from the EU ?;)) and wait for amnesty. Just kidding, but you get my drift.

So you either educate yourself, or zip it.
FD

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back