• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LXApilot

Owes More Than He Makes
Gentleman,

I may have a trip coming up to pick up a stranded N registered CE-550 in the EU and bring it home to the States.

The airplane has a single FMS, Collins Pro Line II 3 tube EFIS, dual VHF, NO HF radios.

Any and all recommendations or advise for operating the airplane one way from Europe to the States? Visas, flight planning, regulatory requirements, etc.? I'm going to have to do my homework on this one and figured that you could all help me get started.

Thanks,
CK

Probably attend an international procedures school ASAP...and use Universal and/or Air Routing for handling.

Other than that, blue spruce routes? EINN-BIKF-BGBW-CYYR/CYYT/CYQX-northeast US

what he said.

What they said.

I haven't been to an international procedures class at FSI or SF, but I hear they aren't really worth it. Take the northern route, carry plenty of fuel, a good raft and have someone do your flightplanning (Colt, Jepp, Global, Universal...etc.) and you'll do fine.

Last edited:
What they said.

I haven't been to an international procedures class at FSI or SF, but I hear they aren't really worth it. Take the northern route, carry plenty of fuel, a good raft and have someone do your flightplanning (Colt, Jepp, Global, Universal...etc.) and you'll do fine.
And read the back of the North Atlantic Jepp chart on getting a oceanic clearance and position reporting. Think there is some good stuff in the AIM too.

Are you technically on an oceanic clearance if you are not on the tracks?

ferry flight

Take the northern "Blue Spruce routes" allows you to stay on the VHF radio, sounds like the aircraft is non RVSM so plan accordingly. Fuel stop in Reykjavik maybe(probably spelled it wrong), there are two airports that ferry pilots use in Iceland, the other is starts with a K ends with a vik also. Maybe Shannon, Ireland, to fuel stop to Gander or Goose Bay.

Good Luck

Are you technically on an oceanic clearance if you are not on the tracks?

if you are in oceanic aispace, yes.

Take the northern "Blue Spruce routes" allows you to stay on the VHF radio, sounds like the aircraft is non RVSM so plan accordingly. Fuel stop in Reykjavik maybe(probably spelled it wrong), there are two airports that ferry pilots use in Iceland, the other is starts with a K ends with a vik also. Maybe Shannon, Ireland, to fuel stop to Gander or Goose Bay.

Good Luck

the other airport in iceland you were refering to is- keflavik, bikf.

not knowing the range of the ce-550, i'm guessing the route would be- where ever uk- bikf- bgbw (narsarsuaq)- where ever canada.

lxapilot- have you done any crossings before?

here is a good place to start reading. a lot of it is basic, but there is some good info in there-

www.nat-pco.org/nat/CurrentNAT%20IGA.doc

same info, but not in a word document-

http://origin.www.faa.gov/airports_airtraffic/air_traffic/publications/atpubs/NAO/NAOTOC.htm

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back