Errr! Oil...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hotwing

[FONT=Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif]Oil guru says crude could hit $190 this winter [/FONT]
‘Prices are really cheap today and they need to go a lot higher,’ analyst says
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Reuters[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Updated: 3:41 p.m. ET Oct. 19, 2005[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]OTTAWA - Consumers should brace for crude oil and natural gas prices possibly doubling or tripling this winter, Matthew Simmons, a best-selling author and oil-supply bear, said on Wednesday.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Prices are really cheap today and they need to go a lot higher, and they probably will go a lot higher," Simmons said in Ottawa.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"I am very concerned, given the destructive damage done by (Hurricanes) Katrina and Rita, that the United States must be closer to starting to see significant product shortages than we've seen since 1979."[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Too much got destroyed and too little has been brought back on stream, the Houston-based analyst said.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]He also said that cold weather this winter could bring a very high risk of natural gas curtailment in the United States.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Either one of those events (oil product shortage or natural gas shortage) could send prices two to three times higher than they are today," he said after a speech in Ottawa.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]That could translate into natural gas prices of $40 per million British thermal units from more than $13 now, he said. Doubling or tripling crude would put it in the range of $125 to $190 per barrel.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Everyone keeps thinking there is a (price) ceiling...There is no ceiling," said Simmons, who wrote in his book "Twilight in the Desert" that Saudi oil output is at or near its peak.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]He said he has seen little sign that higher prices so far have done much to reduce consumption.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Simmons said supplies of heating fuel oil were in okay shape, but could drain fast if the weather turned cold. Diesel is tight and shortages of jet fuel had caused some planes to be diverted from some airports.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"It's going to be painful for people to get used to actually paying real money for a really valuable resource," he said. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Copyright 2005 Reuters Limited. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters.[/FONT]
function readCookie(ck){var anyCookies=document.cookie;var pos=anyCookies.indexOf(ck.toUpperCase()+"=");var value="";if(pos != -1){var start=pos + ck.length + 1;var end=anyCookies.indexOf(";",start);if(end == -1){end=anyCookies.length;}value=anyCookies.substring(start,end);value=unescape(value);}return value;}
s34791638292848

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]© 2005 MSNBC.com[/FONT]
var url=location.href;var i=url.indexOf('/did/') + 1;if(i==0){i=url.indexOf('/print/1/') + 1;}if(i==0){i=url.indexOf('&print=1');}if(i>0){url = url.substring(0,i);document.write('[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]URL: '+url+'[/FONT]
');if(window.print){window.print()}else{alert('To print his page press Ctrl-P on your keyboard \nor choose print from your browser or device after clicking OK');}}[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9753233/[/FONT]

If this happens, we don't have to worry about the economy. It will implode! I don't foresee this drastic of an increase occurring without a world war or the middle east being Nuked.

I agree with what M0 says, the economy will implode way before it hits 190, thereby reducing demand. Now, it may still rise above where it is today, but it will settle where demand can afford to pay.

I'd be willing to bet he has a ton of super cheap positions around 80-90/bbl and is hoping to scare the future traders into making him a killing.

Time to start modifying My car with a 50 CAL turret and anti tamper device ala Road Warrior

Just make sure you use a hybrid as platform, not a V8 powered vehicle!

But...the artice was written in Ottowa Canada....

What is $190 Canadian? Like $35 US ??

Sorry Canada!

Couldn't resist!

RV

Magnetic Power!!!. . . . Magnetic Power!!!! . . . .

Just another fool trying to get his name out there. One says it's going back to $35, another says $100, this guy says $190. Just another reason to not pay attention to any of these bobbleheads.....:rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back