• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ERJ XJT PBS Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
f it doesn't work, trust us, we would rather stay separate than to go with PBS for everyone.

Good luck with that. With your side refusing to negotiate a joint contract, you'll never see an improvement to your contract, US Airways style. You think your contract is good now, but what about 5 years from now with no pay raises? All because you refuse to consider the most pilot-friendly PBS system in the industry?

This is for your MEC to do. Our MEC looked at ALL PBS systems (apparently even those that arent even being used). Yours have been unwilling to look at ANYTHING other than prefbid. Who is close minded here? But this is an issue of pairing build not line build. And I be,waive that you are using the ERJ pairing builder now with better results than before.

Because they already did that 2-3 years ago. There haven't really been any changes in the PBS landscape since then, so why do it again? Our side already looked at Smartpref and rejected it long ago.

Good luck with that. With your side refusing to negotiate a joint contract, you'll never see an improvement to your contract, US Airways style. You think your contract is good now, but what about 5 years from now with no pay raises? All because you refuse to consider the most pilot-friendly PBS system in the industry?

And who is going have a better contract if not ASA or XJT? Eagle? Pinnacle? Republic? TSA/Gojet/Compass? Skywest? All these places are either losing aircraft, in financial dire straits, both, or have me too "clauses" who just ride coat tails. But the CRJ side will also be stuck with their contract. Who will be negotiating from a stronger position in that scenario? Not the CRJ side.

Because they already did that 2-3 years ago. There haven't really been any changes in the PBS landscape since then, so why do it again? Our side already looked at Smartpref and rejected it long ago.

That is not true from what my rep has told me. They didn't look at smartpref and they didn't look at our line bidding system and work rules.

Nice post Speedtape....The silence from Nevets dojetdriver,and Mcpickle is deafening....The ASA pilots are not going to allow the XJT MEC to force this PBS system down our throat.

What silence? I replied to speedtape and still no response. And like I said, we are not forcing it on anybody. If anything, we are being forced onto it by management. We are the test subject. If it really is that bad, you have nothing to worry about. Relax already, not everything is about you.

Last edited:
And who is going have a better contract if not ASA or XJT? Eagle? Pinnacle? Republic? TSA/Gojet/Compass? Skywest? All these places are either losing aircraft, in financial dire straits, both, or have me too "clauses" who just ride coat tails. But the CRJ side will also be stuck with their contract. Who will be negotiating from a stronger position in that scenario? Not the CRJ side.

Get a clue, Dude. Your Company was doomed a little over a year ago, until Jerry rode in and rescued you. Read some of his latest comments about his current thoughts on that transaction--it may surprise you. The ERJ side has no leverage, but now we are both in the barrel and trying to climb out. We can either find a way to do it together, or we will suffer together.

That is not true from what my rep has told me. They didn't look at smartpref and they didn't look at our line bidding system and work rules.

Smartpref was looked at. They had no customers, no track record, and no sound financial backing according to one of the 3 pilots on that committee. According to him, the Company refused to continue any further investigation because it did not want to take the risk. That has not changed, but they will let your Sched Committee play in the sand box all you want as long as it does not cost them a penny. Good luck with your test. We will all be watching with great interest.

Imagine your the ASA MEC sched committee and you have stated the perf bid ASA has is the best of the best.
Now some small timer from XJT runs analysis and determines that another perf bid is far superior to that of ASA.

Of Course the ASA Neg committee will dig in and tell everyone it's their perf bid or nothing, just to save face and not be thrown out by the ASA pilots.

Imagine your the ASA MEC sched committee and you have stated the perf bid ASA has is the best of the best.
Now some small timer from XJT runs analysis and determines that another perf bid is far superior to that of ASA.

Of Course the ASA Neg committee will dig in and tell everyone it's their perf bid or nothing, just to save face and not be thrown out by the ASA pilots.

Let's say your an old fart retired from major airline and has no life so he sits on web boards looking to stick his nose into some thing he has no idea what the hell he's talking about much less knows the players and the game.

getting rid of vacation low. But my opinion is for sale. If the company compensates me well enough in other parts of the contract I'd consider the trade off. Better be some damn good compensation though or they can pound sand.

Anyways, have fun with smartpref bid ERJ peeps and let us, know how it goes!

hearing the Co or union offered another week of vacation, yeah like thats equal to the additional weeks off one can get with vacation low

No and they won't either. They prefer back room tactics and no communication. After all.....they know whats REALLY best for the pilot group.

Oh, and be assured they'll get a little bonus to sell it to us. Maybe 8 hours per day for "union business"

XJT MEC can't take over fast enough as far as I'm concerned.

You'll be whining then too. Little girl.

http://asamec.alpa.org/portals/32/p...e_paper_smartpref_and_flightline_analysis.pdf

Read your comms every now and then.

Smartpref was looked at. They had no customers, no track record, and no sound financial backing according to one of the 3 pilots on that committee. According to him, the Company refused to continue any further investigation because it did not want to take the risk. That has not changed, but they will let your Sched Committee play in the sand box all you want as long as it does not cost them a penny. Good luck with your test. We will all be watching with great interest.

See below, it wasn't really looked at. And now they have a paying customer in our company, a track record, and the company is working with crewing solutions and our scheduling committee to bring it online. The first parallel bid went so well that they ended up using the smartpref solution.

You'll be whining then too. Little girl.

http://asamec.alpa.org/portals/32/p...e_paper_smartpref_and_flightline_analysis.pdf

Read your comms every now and then.

My understanding is that they have not run any solutions using real trips or anything other than the generic version I the software. Basically, that it wasn't an honest unbiased attempt to research it thoroughly.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back