ERJ Vs. CRJ??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
First One

This is my first Airline Interview and the company I really want to go to because I hope to pay my dues at Eagle and then move into flying Heavy Metal for American someday, but the point is to stay with AMR corp. till retirement, "hopefully", especially since my father flew for and retired from American. So I am sweating this interview a bit, but have been studying for the last week and have another week to go, and yes about the Gleim, It stinks for sure......... But hitting it like a champ daily. Any other gouge for A.E. would be appreciated.

tk855 said:
the authorization to use the GPS for approaches in the CRJ.
Their company ops specs will determine that, in addition to the crew, a/c equipment, and airfield qualifications.

Mtnjam said:
This is my first Airline Interview and the company I really want to go to because I hope to pay my dues at Eagle and then move into flying Heavy Metal for American someday, but the point is to stay with AMR corp. till retirement, "hopefully", especially since my father flew for and retired from American. So I am sweating this interview a bit, but have been studying for the last week and have another week to go, and yes about the Gleim, It stinks for sure......... But hitting it like a champ daily. Any other gouge for A.E. would be appreciated.
1. Don't mean to bust your bubble but going to Eagle does not give you an advantage to going to AA. Forget about the flow through, it won't be there for you. AA does NOT give preferential hiring to Eagle guys, most Eagle guys (even when AA was hiring record numbers) were going to non-AA carriers. In the 2 years that I was at Eagle before 9/11 I knew ONE guy that made the jump over to AA outside of the flow through. I have several friends at Continental, Delta, United, FEDEX. I believe that it is actually a disadvantage to being from Eagle if your goal is to work for AA. First, training cycles, I'm not a firm believer in this one, but knowing how AMR works, it wouldn't surprise me. If you get hired from Eagle it creates multiple training cycles within AMR, however, if they hire someone from outside AMR, it only generates one training cycle. Second, your entire work record (above and beyond PRIA) will follow you from Eagle to AA, this could be a good thing or a bad thing depending on what kind of worker you are. Go to Eagle if you want to work for EAGLE for whatever reason, but don't go to Eagle because you want to work for AA because you will be disappointed.

2. Don't believe everything you hear about interviews, the interviews at Eagle are very straightforward, if you haven't been flying ERJ's/CRJ's don't worry about their systems you are just wasting your time. Know the airplanes you have been flying very well, they will ask you questions about them. Don't try to BS, if you don't know, say "you don't know" and that will go a lot further then guessing wrong. Whoever told you they asked him/her that question probably mis-understood the question (and hence didn't get hired), or didn't do well in the interview and was trying to make the interviewers seem really petty and nit-picky to save face.

3. RELAX and be yourself, they will know it if you have memorized all the answers.

Good luck.

Later,

No kiddin......definately go to eagle to work for eagle!! The market especially now is way to volitile to plan that far ahead. Its nice to dream but dont lose sight of reality.

As far as the interview goes:

When I did mine back in march there was no technical questions. 50 questions out of the Gliem (no 'refer to' no charts no 737/1900 no compicated wx question no ?? that didnt apply to the flying the airline does...like turbocharger ques)

the one on one was mostly going over the application and verifying everything. with about 5 or 6 personality questions Why eagle..why u over someone else, stressful time ect.

At the sim ride i was asked to pull out my logbook. the guy glanced at my totaltime and where I had been flying. made a comment about the airport I was working out of and closed it and gave it back. thats as technical as it got.

started class 3 weeks later

I guess things are getting tight if they are asking 1200 pilots differences between CRJ/ERJ at an interview!!!

Good luck and dont sweat it

If they ask you a question about a Jepp plate...its a pretty safe bet that the answer is going to be ON THE PLATE. I don't know how anyone can bomb the Tech interview at Eagle. If someone can't read Jepps and comprehend a few regs by the time they get to an airline interview, they ought to be demoted back to instrument student.

Aerosurfer said:
I guess things are getting tight if they are asking 1200 pilots differences between CRJ/ERJ at an interview!!!Good luck and dont sweat it
That kind of question would only come up if you had time in both aircraft in your log book. I wouldn't sweat it. It's a good idea to read up on general tubine systems though. Mark Holt and Greg Brown's Turbine Pilot does a good job for interview prep and perparing for class if you don't know your specific airplane type yet. Good luck.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back