• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Entire Airtran MEC given letters of Suspension

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I can't paraphrase it exactly, but we are supposed to wear our hats in view of the traveling public according to the FOM. If we are waiting at the gate for our inbound aircraft, we can be sitting in the gate area without our skull caps on. The uniform police are vigilant throughout the concourse to "counsel" any offenders in a polite and professional manner.

It really is a cheap ass hat. Low cost carrier, low cost hats. I look ridiculous in it, but I really don't give a ******************** because that's what I'm supposed to buy from Alpharetta and the company handlers.

Our CBA in Section II says we are supposed to wear the prescribed company uniform in the manner that our captors prescribe.

Anyone have any case law on the legality of informational picketing and the proper attire for airline employees?

When challenged.." During a violent a/c swap with a scheduled 32 min turn..arriving at gate D1 and departing out of C5..In an effort to do my job and maintain schedule integrity, I guess I was in a hurry and I left it in the aircraft..it hasn't turned up in "lost and found" yet. I've had to order another one..at 80 bucks apiece, I'm not happy"!

You know you can always stop in any airport news stand and buy a kids "pilot hat" and comply with the request to wear a hat! That should satisfy the "hat police" :)

What do you guys expect? Half of your training department is on the "SCAB LIST" !!

and you guys don't do anything about it ???

WTF ???

Air Tran management is sure opening themselves to a legal mess that is going to be expensive down the road. Why can't southern companies get it through their thick skull that workers have the right to organize and lose the plantation mentality.

While I agree with the part about the legal mess the company will be in, I must point out Jet Blue and Virgin America are hardly southern companies.

While I agree with the part about the legal mess the company will be in, I must point out Jet Blue and Virgin America are hardly southern companies.

Not sure what difference it makes if a company is based in the south. Are you talking about the lack of unionism in the region? The management team is mostly Yankee and Euro with work experience from northern based airlines. The HQ is in Florida, which most southerners don't consider (from an ideological and cultural standpoint) part of the south.

Latest resources

Back