• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Entire Airtran MEC given letters of Suspension

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'd like to know who's calling all the shots for these "tactical" misteps from mgmt?? Have they cleared it all the way up to Joe?

Well, Airtran just gave their pilots more resolve to buck the system! We'll see how badly their operations degrade.

I find it hard to believe that sitting MEC officers would actually encourage a violation of the FOM. I call BS on that one.

I can't paraphrase it exactly, but we are supposed to wear our hats in view of the traveling public according to the FOM. If we are waiting at the gate for our inbound aircraft, we can be sitting in the gate area without our skull caps on. The uniform police are vigilant throughout the concourse to "counsel" any offenders in a polite and professional manner.

It really is a cheap ass hat. Low cost carrier, low cost hats. I look ridiculous in it, but I really don't give a ******************** because that's what I'm supposed to buy from Alpharetta and the company handlers.

Our CBA in Section II says we are supposed to wear the prescribed company uniform in the manner that our captors prescribe.

Anyone have any case law on the legality of informational picketing and the proper attire for airline employees?

Deal Reached to Clear F/O ####, ALPA I.D. Clips

Furthermore, the Union will soon distribute ALPA branded retractable I.D. clips. Management consented to this compromise measure, which allows our pilots to display their unity while addressing the company’s stated concerns regarding the safety of the Association’s lanyards.

What the heck are managements stated concerns regarding the safety of the Association's lanyards? I've been getting by without hanging myself for quite a while.

Seriously, AAI management needs a group pee test.

I'd like to know who's calling all the shots for these "tactical" misteps from mgmt?? Have they cleared it all the way up to Joe?
Yes, sort of.

Joe doesn't work here anymore. He retired as president and CEO in November, 2007, but remained as Chairman of the Board until November, 2008.

Bob Fornaro runs the show now and yes, he's aware of everything going on.

I wouldn't necessarily call it "missteps", either. They have a tactical purpose for doing this, don't doubt it. We simply don't know their game plan... yet...

It's chess, not checkers.

Air Tran management is sure opening themselves to a legal mess that is going to be expensive down the road. Why can't southern companies get it through their thick skull that workers have the right to organize and lose the plantation mentality.

Yes, sort of.

Joe doesn't work here anymore. He retired as president and CEO in November, 2007, but remained as Chairman of the Board until November, 2008.

Bob Fornaro runs the show now and yes, he's aware of everything going on.

I wouldn't necessarily call it "missteps", either. They have a tactical purpose for doing this, don't doubt it. We simply don't know their game plan... yet...

It's chess, not checkers.

Thanks for the clarification, Rich. I meant to type Bob:) I actually don't think if Joe's still running the show, this woudn't happen.

Latest resources

Back