• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Entire Airtran MEC given letters of Suspension

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So just curious, if you are conducting informational picketing on your own dime, how can management decide what you are going to wear? Throw on a white shirt, tie and epauletes and give them the big middle finger - "sorry sir, this is not an Air Tran uniform, it is a shirt, tie and epaulets from an old flight instruction job I had, they just happen to have the same colors as Air Tran".

Air Tran management just made their jobs MUCH harder. The maneuver of suspending the MEC for any reason, much less one so petty as a policy violation (allegedly) is a blow below the belt... and one they will TRY to explain to a judge in the future.

The justification will not equal the action.

All I can say is that it's rookie hour at Air Tran HQ. A few more bad moves like that and management will basically be bargaining for the pilots.

Let them dig their hole guys!

You guys still aren't serious?

After all. I was just on an Air Tran flight with two PIC's flying the new DC9 yesterday.

You guys still aren't serious?

After all. I was just on an Air Tran flight with two PIC's flying the new DC9 yesterday.

Your trolling has become tiresome. Why don't you head back to Avsig and show the rubes how a "big deal airline pilot" acts.

Air Tran management just made their jobs MUCH harder. The maneuver of suspending the MEC for any reason, much less one so petty as a policy violation (allegedly) is a blow below the belt... and one they will TRY to explain to a judge in the future.

The justification will not equal the action.

All I can say is that it's rookie hour at Air Tran HQ. A few more bad moves like that and management will basically be bargaining for the pilots.

Let them dig their hole guys!

What does this suspension entail? Is it over after a specific period of time, or is it a precursor to stronger action later? Will there be a diciplinary hearing dealing with them as a group or individualy?

No, but it's a clear violation of the RLA and clearly Hostile Work Environment lawsuit-worthy, although it'll be interesting to see if our MEC pulls the trigger on the lawsuits (been hoping they would for a while).

Both the MEC President and VP were on full-time buy anyway, they weren't on the line so don't suffer anything except having to get their records cleared eventually. They'll remain on full-time Flight Pay Loss in their union positions. The Sec/Treas will also be paid FPL for his time out.

What a mess...
ALPA MEC Not on the line? That's unheard of!!!!
Management wouldn't do something this extreme without talking to lawyers. I'm sure there is more to the story than what we're being told, but like ALPA, they only tell you half the truth.
Management knows ALPA is spineless and has no leverage today, so they pull this kind of BS. Just look at PCL, they're being forced into a crap contract handed to them by management and their MEC has done nothing about it.

ALPA MEC Not on the line? That's unheard of!!!!
Management wouldn't do something this extreme without talking to lawyers. I'm sure there is more to the story than what we're being told, but like ALPA, they only tell you half the truth.
Management knows ALPA is spineless and has no leverage today, so they pull this kind of BS. Just look at PCL, they're being forced into a crap contract handed to them by management and their MEC has done nothing about it.
What do you expect with WFG involved at PCL? 'Nuff said, although I heard he's in the process of being recalled.

There are attorneys that are part of senior management. They don't have to "consult" anyone; they keep it all in-house.

Latest resources

Back