• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Enough!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey look. Another pinnacle justification thread.

I believe it is this type of thinking that has put us where we are.

In did... it's my job!!
Just imagine pilots from a bankrupt airline taking the jobs of pilots in DAL or SW just because they can!!! same on the regionals, bankrupt regional pilots go to Skywest and take their jobs!

You know now that I think about it I'm not sweating this at all, it will never pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In did... it's my job!!
Just imagine pilots from a bankrupt airline taking the jobs of pilots in DAL or SW just because they can!!! same on the regionals, bankrupt regional pilots go to Skywest and take their jobs!

You know now that I think about it I'm not sweating this at all, it will never pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No one is taking your job Buddha. Your airline would have to be hiring. You would still have a job there. Some would come in above you and some below. Just depends on where everyone else is on the national list.

Also, you are speaking as though the only possible scenario is pilots leaving an airline to come to yours. No regional is immune to this game Delta, and others, are playing. Things might be good where you are now but that could change some day and you may be the one looking for another airline.

When I was learning to fly and wanting to get on at a regional there was a mighty regional airline that was the place to be. It was many pilots desire to work there, including mine, but I ended up at another airline instead. They called it Comair......

Last edited:
I don't think a national seniority list is realistic, but a national longevity list may be doable. If I go to another airline, I'm fine taking the most junior seat in the most junior airplane, but it would be nice not to go back to first year pay.

I don't think a national seniority list is realistic, but a national longevity list may be doable. If I go to another airline, I'm fine taking the most junior seat in the most junior airplane, but it would be nice not to go back to first year pay.

But that would likely have to be via ALPA. I think we need to break free of them.

Give the next guy that gets his/her commercial seniority number 1 and so on. Who cares if they are airline pilots or not. When the last guy/gal retires that does not have a number.....Bam! he/she is now #1. Doesn't harm anyone. Protecting the industry for our future aviators...mind blowin concept huh?

We need to get rid of alpa like yesterday. Turns out the SKYW guys were right all along!!! I could have done a lot with the $1500 alpa took out of my pay last year.

+++++

We need to get rid of alpa like yesterday. Turns out the SKYW guys were right all along!!! I could have done a lot with the $1500 alpa took out of my pay last year.

If xjet was not alpa, skyw and xjet would have paycuts imposed on us, same as they did with healthcare at skyw, but in a broader way. Just look at the employee groups that are non-union at both carriers. They make peanuts.

If xjet was not alpa, skyw and xjet would have paycuts imposed on us, same as they did with healthcare at skyw, but in a broader way. Just look at the employee groups that are non-union at both carriers. They make peanuts.

I am not saying no union. We need representation, but not alpa. They cannot fairly represent the mainline and regional pilots.

Latest resources

Back