Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Narrow Bridge

Enough is Enough!

I have been lurking on here and reading, but not posting for quite some time. Now, I can’t hold back any longer. Enough is Enough! Get us a contract or lets get rid of the IBT, and replace them with a union who cares about us! We have been at this now for more than 2 ½ years and we still do not have a contract. Lets take a look at the events that have occurred over the last 2 months:

Management asked our leadership to accelerate the negotiations so that we can rapidly reach a CBA, our leaders then file for arbitration.

Management asked our leaders for a comprehensive list of demands, our leadership did not resopond.
Management presents a bullet point proposal for salary and certain big issues, our leadership turns it down without so much as a counterproposal. During this time, we are kept in the dark while they continue to ask for our blind faith, our trust in them, and not to question them at this critical time.

Our leadership, at the direction of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters raids the Local 1108 kitty from the Net Jets pilot group prior to their departure from our local. Was this done to retaliate against Net Jets for leaving the IBT? Regardless of the motive, it sure puts us in a precarious position now and in our future relationship with the NJASAP doesn’t it?

Net Jets is gone, it’s time to sink or swim guys. I have a sickening feeling we are all going to be in for a rude awakening, when we see our financial situation without the support of Net Jets dues.

I think it’s time we ask our leaders whose interest they have in mind, ours or General President of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters .

It’s time to get us a contract or step aside and let someone else who cares about us finish the job!

Yet another first-time poster slamming FLOPS pilots attempt to better their QOL - I'm seeing a trend here...

Last edited:
Another 1 post wonder.

I have questioned our union leadership on many occasions. And I go directly to Mat. He's never failed to either answer his phone or return the call. When was the last time you spoke with the union leadership, NB? The answer is never. Because if you're not management personified, you're certainly drinking their kool-aid by the gallon.

It is obvious where your loyalties lie. So, how about asking BT this question: Where in his "proposal" were the other work rules and protections (such as controls over outrageous insurance cost increases to the pilots)? Let's see if your next post provides the answer, or if you only continue to reguritate the rhetoric coming out of CGF.

My Union leadership understands that they CANNOT release any of the items currently under negotiation, as good faith bargaining DEMANDS these negotiations are done in secret until a tentative agreement is reached.

Everyone with half a brain understands the only point of BT releasing that proposal, and your reason for posting here, was a ridiculously weak attempt at dividing the pilots. Further, this move by management was not looked favorably upon by the mediator. What BT did by releasing ANY of the information from negotiations, other than what is already in the form of a Tentative Agreement, was to demonstrate that management IS NOT bargaining in good faith!

Let me share one more thing, speaking as one of the (previously) most vehement anti-union pilots we had in our ranks, you're a fool for falling for these management tactics. And they will fail. This solidarity of this pilot group is increasing by the minute. The 5 weeks following July 21st will prove me right.

Last edited:
Enough is Enough!
I have been lurking on here and reading, but not posting for quite some time. Now, I can’t hold back any longer. Enough is Enough!

Quite some time??? You joined the board two days ago!
The only place you've been lurking is in the shadows waiting for an opportunity to throw a FUD grenade into the crowd.

FUD alert.

Another :puke:F(ud) & (H)arassment tool.

Hey TOOL, NetJets is one word! I would assume that anyone that actually worked in this biz would know at least that much.

Now go back to studying for your bar exam.:laugh:

It's so convenient for you narrow minded people to peg everyone with a different view point as someone from managmenet isn't it. Well guess what, I'm not from managment. I'm just someone who supports our union but is starting to feel like they are being influenced a litte to much by someone else and I'm no longer sure they have our best interest in mind.
I have talked to Mat and Rick and I'm just getting a little tired of no one caring to hear my concerns, they just give me the standard answer and tell me to trust them. I've been trusting them for 2 1/2 years now.

I know that BT was the one dragging his feet for most of this time but now it looks like they want to settle this. I want to see some results. If our current leadership can't close the deal there are other people who would not hesitate to give someone else a chance.

It's so convenient for you narrow minded people to peg everyone with a different view point as someone from managmenet isn't it. Well guess what, I'm not from managment. I'm just someone who supports our union but is starting to feel like they are being influenced a litte to much by someone else and I'm no longer sure they have our best interest in mind.
I have talked to Mat and Rick and I'm just getting a little tired of no one caring to hear my concerns, they just give me the standard answer and tell me to trust them. I've been trusting them for 2 1/2 years now.

I know that BT was the one dragging his feet for most of this time but now it looks like they want to settle this.
So, who is narrowminded, Lets get this straight, You think Management just wants to hand us over 20 million, tell me, you don't think they just want to give us that money, with out a fight. I want to see some results. If our current leadership can't close the deal there are other people who would not hesitate to give someone else a chance.

Ok narrow minded......Do you think it was ok for 70 of your coworkers to get wrongfullly FIRED. Whats your take on that?

Last edited:
I don't think they want to hand it over, I think we have shown them that they have no choice but to hand it over.

Of course I don't think that it's right that 70 of our brothers and sisters were wrongfully terminated for supporting our union. The sooner that we get a contract though,the sooner the rest of us will be protected form a wrongfull predatory scare tactic like that one.
We can settle the contract now and then conticue to fight for them while we all are protected by the CBA.

I don't think they want to hand it over, I think we have shown them that they have no choice but to hand it over.

Of course I don't think that it's right that 70 of our brothers and sisters were wrongfully terminated for supporting our union. The sooner that we get a contract though,the sooner the rest of us will be protected form a wrongfull predatory scare tactic like that one.
We can settle the contract now and then conticue to
fight for them while we all are protected by the CBA

Just nice, why don't you post this exact same thing on the union board under your name.(You don't have the balls thats why) And lets see what everybody thinks. You and I both know what your talking about here. Once there is a contract there is no more negotiation. So how do you plan to negotiate for the jobs of 70 pilots after the fact?

So it sounds like guys got fired for writing up airplanes that you didn't. Sounds like your riding on the coat tails of 70 fired pilots!!!!!!(I could be wrong but I don't think so)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back