Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

a320drivr

From BTP.com:

JetBlue is privately insured. 2010 SEC filings show that the company pays in the neighborhood of $6000 per employee while the rest of the industry pays closer to $7000 per employee. JetBlue has been shifting the increasing health care costs to the employee since 2004, when David announced that "owning your own health" was important and high deductible health plans were designed for the JB employee by his brother Stephen. Next year, we are anticipating that the HDHP Minimum deductibles will rise to $1250 for single coverage and $2500 for families, while the maximum out-of-pocket limits rise to $6,250 for single coverage and $12,500 for families. In other words, the cost to be on a JetBlue plan will increase more than your pay scale increase of 2.2%!

Enjoy that no voters. Worst medical in the industry.

Hahaha, poetic justice for not unionizing I suppose. Enjoy your pay-raise, chumps.

Pilots, always the ones to screw themselves. The company hardly has to try. WAFJ

Wow at VX our pay and work rules suck but our health insurance is out of the park compared to that....

Wow at VX our pay and work rules suck but our health insurance is out of the park compared to that....

at least you admit it....course they get paid a hell of a lot more even at JB.

Didn't know that. Well, you we will have to hit rock bottom (manner of speaking) before some of our dumbest pilots will realize their "ideology" is leaving them with ********************ty benefits.

Also keep in mind our prescription costs are currently triple what our peers pay. I can only imagine what they are going to do next yr. Also, there are certain prescriptions and medical procedures that JB will not pay for. Our peers insurance does. Wanna know why? They have a CBA.

...and where did this info come from?

I can't honestly believe our health costs will jump THAT much. If so, Are they TRYING to get a fvcking mutany with ALL employees?! Not just pilots.

My out of pocket is currently 3000... Family Crewcare 1 Plus.

Latest resources

Back