• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Encore VS 400XP

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wouldnt say that he won the lottery. It will be tough getting by until you upgrade, hopefully within 5 years. At that point you can pay off your debt from the previous 5 years, then in about 10 years you can start enjoying life.

Welcome aboard.

Compared to any regional out there, he did win the lottery.

Compared to many majors... same.

10 years to enjoy? I dunno about that either but whatever.

Thanks for the welcomes, but back to the original topic. Anything to say about the 400XP? Looks like the FMS is similar to what I'm used to. Do the NJA planes have three or four tubes? I know about the flameouts, spoilerons, internal lav. Is it a growing or shrinking fleet? Works hard? Training concerns? Areas it flies more than others? Anything you want to throw in there would be helpful.

Thanks for the welcomes, but back to the original topic. Anything to say about the 400XP? Looks like the FMS is similar to what I'm used to. Do the NJA planes have three or four tubes? I know about the flameouts, spoilerons, internal lav. Is it a growing or shrinking fleet? Works hard? Training concerns? Areas it flies more than others? Anything you want to throw in there would be helpful.

Doubt you will be exhausted every day like the Citation X or Excel drivers. The Beechjet does not seem to fly more than 2-3 sectors per day on average. You can chill out while the Citation X and Excel drivers get beat up on the road...

Is it a growing or shrinking fleet? Works hard? Training concerns? Areas it flies more than others? Anything you want to throw in there would be helpful.

Fleet is growing, why is anyones guess. Works hard, the answer is no. The plane is the king of the FBO, not the sky. When it flies, it tends to stay in the same area it was picked up in; ie East coast, west coast, service center.

I guess the BeechJunk is going to be the true replacement for the VII's...in every aspect. Service Center to Service Center

Some other issues with the 400XP are performance and the lack of single-point refueling, along with the recent dual-engine flameouts. Contaminated runways and the use of the plane's anti-ice systems tend to limit when/where the 400XP can fly. The lack of single-point refueling means that the 400XP can't do a quick turn on a refueling stop. And you can do some research around the internet on the flameout issue and what the new in-flight procedures are.

Regardless, welcome to NetJets!

I am not a net jets guy, but I love the Beechjet. If you have been in the CRJ, the FMS is very similar. At least that is what my buddies that fly the CRJ said when the saw mine. I have not flown the Encore but I have flown the Ultra and I far better like the 400A. The aircraft is built like a tank. We are on our 3rd one now and we have had no dispatch problems. Passengers like the cabin. Also ride far better in turbulence. The ultra rides horrible in turbulence.

If the Beechjet is so horrible, why are there so many in fractional service?

I am not a net jets guy, but I love the Beechjet. If you have been in the CRJ, the FMS is very similar. At least that is what my buddies that fly the CRJ said when the saw mine. I have not flown the Encore but I have flown the Ultra and I far better like the 400A. The aircraft is built like a tank. We are on our 3rd one now and we have had no dispatch problems. Passengers like the cabin. Also ride far better in turbulence. The ultra rides horrible in turbulence.

If the Beechjet is so horrible, why are there so many in fractional service?[/quote]

Good financial deals when ordering helps. For NJA, it was lined up to fly the CJ3 (far better than the 400A) but Santulli jerked the big order when Citationshares announced it would order the CJ3 as well. Big mistake - that CJ3 is a nice ride and it performs very well from what I have heard.

Still, I have heard some compliments from 400A crews. It will be a good introduction to the Netjets system and you will relax more than crews on the busier fleets - especially the Citation X crews who fly multiple transcons per tour...

Because it is cheap. That is why. You will like the Beechjunk until you get to fly a real biz jet, and then you will realize what you have been missing all those years.

Flight Options has them because the 400A/XP/whatever is a Raytheon product, as is Flight Options.

NetJets has 400XP's because our CEO had a beef with Cessna and Raytheon offered the 400XP at rock-bottom prices. Sadly, we are now suffering the famous "you get what you pay for" syndrome.

400A, when I got hired at NetJets, I called a buddy of mine to give him the news. This friend of mine is typed on the 400 and the CE-500 (which includes the Ultra and Encore) and instructed on both at SimuFlite. When he asked me what fleet I got and I told him the Ultra, his reponse was that I was very lucky to have not gotten the 400XP because of how poor a plane it is in his estimation. And by the way, he currently flies a 400XP for a company in Texas and his opinion of the plane has not changed.

If you like the 400A, then good for you. But it simply doesn't measure up to the Encore or even the Ultra for our operations at NetJets.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back