• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Encore VS 400XP

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for the welcomes, but back to the original topic. Anything to say about the 400XP? Looks like the FMS is similar to what I'm used to. Do the NJA planes have three or four tubes? I know about the flameouts, spoilerons, internal lav. Is it a growing or shrinking fleet? Works hard? Training concerns? Areas it flies more than others? Anything you want to throw in there would be helpful.

In the most recent communique from Raytheon, you cant get your type in the 400 until you have successfully completed and passed a glider rating. This is a mandatory requirement now that is needed to even enroll in FSI for the 400.

Because it is cheap. That is why. You will like the Beechjunk until you get to fly a real biz jet, and then you will realize what you have been missing all those years.

Yep it could not be the fact that it actually has a comfortable cabin (unlike the Encore) Even with the seat side tracked my head is on the ceiling. yeah, thats comfortable.

As far as a real biz jet, At least it could certify part 25 (Transport Category) unlike the mighty straight wing bud light can with jet engines on it. Snap crackle pop, all the way to altitude. Not to mention the mickey mouse windshield anti ice and the washboard ride, and constant vectors because it cant keep up with the real jets.

Oh yeah, do your t/r's just right or your nose gear may fold up. (See another thread about thrust reverser use)

As far as a real biz jet, At least it could certify part 25 (Transport Category) unlike the mighty straight wing bud light can with jet engines on it.

Interesting that you say that the Encore isn't certified to Part 25. My FSI training manual for the Encore says that the Encore is certified to CFR 14 Part 25. In fact, the Citation was first certified to Part 25 standards in 1972: http://cessna.com/story/milestones/1970s.chtml

Yep it could not be the fact that it actually has a comfortable cabin (unlike the Encore) Even with the seat side tracked my head is on the ceiling. yeah, thats comfortable.

As far as a real biz jet, At least it could certify part 25 (Transport Category) unlike the mighty straight wing bud light can with jet engines on it. Snap crackle pop, all the way to altitude. Not to mention the mickey mouse windshield anti ice and the washboard ride, and constant vectors because it cant keep up with the real jets.

Oh yeah, do your t/r's just right or your nose gear may fold up. (See another thread about thrust reverser use)

Must not have ever been in the Encore, they droped the seats lower in the tracks so that you have more head room than the Ultra. When I pick up a 400 trip (which is a lot) the customers usually say something to the effect of thankfully they didn't send another 400. I have been told that when they try to put a Encore/Ultra pax on the 400 is usually met with a statement of I willn't go on that plane. If I was a pax and had to fly from LAX to SFO for a day trip with no bags, the 400 would be a perfect plane.

And oh yeah, your right I would much rather have a nose gear fold up then a dual engine failure. And by the way, it is very tricky, have the nose gear on the ground before deploying the tr's. That is very tricky and takes a lot of skill.

Congrats and welcome aboard, it is a great company and with a very few exceptions, a great bunch of pilots.

The only way the 400XP could be considered an "introduction" airplane is by "introducing" the owner to the 400XP and then upsaling the owner to something larger following several dissapointing experiences on the Little Hawk (400XP).

The problem with the 400XP is that we expect too much from it. If you think of it as a King Air with jets it never fails to deliver.

and whatever you do, don't blabbing about you being a hawker pilot....lol! that went over like a ton of bricks at options when the name changed.. anyways, good luck!

Company man?

Welcome aboard.

Divorce those words from your vernacular ASAP. That and, "I'm just happy to be flying a jet." are equally destructive mindsets to your W2 earnings. You
Welcome aboard dude.

Dont you know 172, loving your job and wanting to do right for a company you love are verboten in a union shop. You are supposed to be misrable! Do not even think about drinking coolaid, and learn how to complain with passion for goodness sakes! Do not be motivated, energetic, or company-minded.

All you need is your contract. Repeat these words while staring at your 1108 lanyard in the mirror. All you need is your union contract. You must not be a company man. All you need is netjetwife whispering in your ear in your dreams! Keep repeating 1108 1108 1108.

Oh, and wipe that smile off your face! Happiness is not permitted.:)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back