• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Encore Study Materials

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There are 17 Encores in the Fleet currently with 2 more supposedly being delivered this year and I think thats it for the fleet.

I fly the Encore, night and day between the Encore and Ultra. It does stink that you are having to go through ultra and then transition to the encore. It has been decided though that they will make all of the recurrents in the encore sim. As far as the schedule goes it really depends on which coast you end up on. If you make it to the west you will have usually have easier days than on the east coast.

Send me a pm with any specific questions that you might have. Would not worry to much, when I started here I went to TOL on very short notice before going to indoc. They would not send me any info because they claimed NJ would not allow it.

After the end of the year any Encore's will be the Encore+, which will carry 200lbs. more has Fadecs and the proline avionics.

I've flown both, and the Encore is more fun but our ultra was bulletproof. The old school pressurization on the ultra was trouble free. Lots of pressurization problems with early ultra's.

Another surprising thing, the Ultra has better high hot numbers(less bypass).

Beeza said:
Are guys in the encore getting worked hard?

It does seem to be picking up lately. I didn't get much OT last tour, but most duty days were right about 11-12 hours in length.

Beeza said:
Anyone in the Encore care to enlighten me about what I might expect in respect to the aircraft, schedule...etc... I will be based in Dallas commuting from STL. Thanks

Out of DAL, you are convenient for either east- or west-coast flying. There are pluses and minuses to both coasts, in my experience so far. Also, if you want the 7/7 schedule, Tuesdays and Thursdays are your start days. If you want the reserve schedule, you may have to wait to get it once you finish up training because the reserve actually went senior and SIC's were junior-assigned to the 7/7. That was a first for any fleet/seat combo, according to the union.

Good luck with training. Just study, keep a positive attitude, know your SOP's and you'll do just fine.

See you online someday in the near future.

Spiritflight said:
Is the type rating for the Encore a CE-500? I figure so...

Yes, it is for the CE-500. That type rating covers both the Ultra and the Encore, among other models.

Latest resources

Back