Encore Study Materials

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Beeza

Does anyone know of where I could find some online study materials. I am starting sim training first at NJ with a short notice so I am to receive my materials when I arrive in Toledo on Sunday. Thanks

Anyone in the Encore care to enlighten me about what I might expect in respect to the aircraft, schedule...etc... I will be based in Dallas commuting from STL. Thanks

They have some good instructors in TOL (with an exception or 2). TOL itself sucks, but at least it's not the middle of winter.

Just a heads up if you are going to TOL then you will most likely be learning the Ultra and having to take an Ultra checkride as there is no Encore sim in TOL. You will then get differences training after you finish. I know it sucks but that seems to be the way they are doing it now. I myself am going to do some Encore differences training this coming tour as I bid into the fleet from the Ultra - I can let you know what to expect if you like.

Just curious, what are the main differences between the Encore and the Ultra? Any change to the systems up front?

Friend of mine works for a Part 91 operator looking at getting one.

General Lee said:
Just curious, what are the main differences between the Encore and the Ultra? Any change to the systems up front?

Friend of mine works for a Part 91 operator looking at getting one.

As someone else put it here, it's the same whore with a different dress.

Encore has hot wings, trailing link gear, 5400lbs. fuel instead of 5800lbs., most likely the UNS series of FMS instead of the GNS-XLS. Fastest climbing Cessna they make. Both will go straight to 410 at any weight, the encore faster to get there though. It climbs better but cruise is the same or almost negligable difference. The biggest stink with the Encore is the emer press. Fly along at cruise altitude for a couple of hours and then try to use it. It most likely won't work. When the Encore first came out the EP valve had a problem with opening uncommanded during the descent. They fixed this but it still doesn't work when you want it to if it is cold soaked. To the best of my knowledge Cessna says it is fixed but has unofficially given up on fixing it. This is the primary reason (in my opinion) you guys are now flying beechjunk raytheon 400's.

In a nutshell, it's a great airplane minus the emer press problems. The Ultra is more reliable and probably the better airplane.

my 2 cents

cezzna said:
This is the primary reason (in my opinion) you guys are now flying beechjunk raytheon 400's.

I'd rather have the emer press problem than a dual engine flameout. We are still taking the Encore as we speak. By the way, the FMS in the Encore is honeywell....for the time being.

I understand the fleet in the Encore is small, how many are expected to be delivered in the future? Are guys in the encore getting worked hard?

Latest resources

Back