• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Empire airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What are the chances of getting SEA bases as a 121 F/O? I didn't even know that you had a base in SEA and that would be pretty good job if I didn't have to move or commute..

Thanks..

Any word on AFW being a base? When and what airplanes. Whats the upgrade like on that side? QOL and any other info would be great.

"What are the chances of getting SEA bases as a 121 F/O? I didn't even know that you had a base in SEA and that would be pretty good job if I didn't have to move or commute.."

It'll be pretty tough to get "SEA bases." We only have one! Haha, I kill myself.

Depends. A few months ago it was like an army of 121 F/Os went to SEA. One from my class got it before he ever flew an airplane, and I'm waiting on it myself. From the sounds of it, there'll be some openings! They might pretend it's because of greener pastures, but the guys jumping just don't want to listen to me drivel on about bands that nobody else listens to or about old trucks! :) Even the ones who left before I started!

Unless of course you are referring to Casper, WY as "SEA" for some reason, then it seems like it'd be pretty easy to get a "SEA" base. :)

Dan

Dan CFI/CFII said:
"What are the chances of getting SEA bases as a 121 F/O? I didn't even know that you had a base in SEA and that would be pretty good job if I didn't have to move or commute.."

It'll be pretty tough to get "SEA bases." We only have one! Haha, I kill myself.

<snip>
Dan

Dan,
that's funny.. I was just testing.. :p

Looks like I will have to aply and find that out personaly.

Thanks for the information.. And no, Casper,WY is not considered "SEA Bases" for me. Otherwise I would have gone to Great Mistakes :)

"Otherwise I would have gone to Great Mistakes"

But those guys work more! I prefer not to work, if given the choice.

Good luck. I'm still new here, but I'm happier than Dubya clearing brush!

Dan

If you don't like to work, the SEA base ain't for you. I don't know who told you you wouldn't be working much. When I was there I flew somewhere in the mid 800's per year, and was in JNU at least a weekend a month (sometimes 2 weekends in a row in the summers). When you figure in a week in YVR, and then shipping you to CWA on your reserve week, you have just been gone for a month straight. And then the next week your back in SE.
After you get a couple of years of flying the SEA base under your belt, come on back and talk with the dude about not working much and all the time off you have.

Dan CFI/CFII said:

Depends. A few months ago it was like an army of 121 F/Os went to SEA. One from my class got it before he ever flew an airplane, and I'm waiting on it myself. From the sounds of it, there'll be some openings! They might pretend it's because of greener pastures, but the guys jumping just don't want to listen to me drivel on about bands that nobody else listens to or about old trucks! :) Even the ones who left before I started!

Unless of course you are referring to Casper, WY as "SEA" for some reason, then it seems like it'd be pretty easy to get a "SEA" base. :)

Dan

Hey D.S -

You knew the words to "One Piece at a Time" by Johnny Cash. You're okay in my book!
CU

pilotyip said:
Any word on AFW being a base? When and what airplanes. Whats the upgrade like on that side? QOL and any other info would be great.

The AFW will be an F27 base only. We have the Midland airplane and the Witchita airplane that do a turn during the night. We will also have a hot reserve crew based in AFW. I believe they are hiring into the left seat of the F27 because none of the current crews want to give up their ATR slots! Hope this helps.

I got a call friday from Empire. I put AFW as my choice on the online app. Can you give me an Idea of the ground time in Midland and Witchita? Is it there unload, load and right back? What is a hot reserve crew? How much flying do you get on hot reserve. Any idea of starting FO pay on the F27 and approx. how many flight hours a month. I know its alot questions but I'm really excited. thanks for your help.

Latest resources

Back