• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Empire airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sameold; little pay/job security?. You sound like you are defining the entire aviation industry.

Weren't you the one saying the pilots were overpaid (at times,) and the guarantee system at USA should change (actually that is an honest question I do not know that answer?) It just begs the question, are pilots paid for availability or to fly? (because the premier on-demand operator is not a volume hauler, it is a yield hauler, with contracts that guarantee lift at a prime for its customers at the times when lift is hard to come by.)

Guarantee is the only stability in the pilots lives, when that gets tinkered with... well, people quit or they quit being good workers. Too bad the pilots aren't more like a squadron. There would be good communication, group planning, no worries about getting paid regularly, and confidence in your superiors. Too many variables/ingredients makes for bad chow.

Sorry to deviate from the thread topic. Maybe this is a sign that I should check out Empire. Come on yip, let’s take jobs and get reacquainted as co-workers at empire!

Oh, you'se guys misunderstand me and the not working thing.

I want SEA so that I can be overworked for a spell. Once I upgrade and am hauling in the mediochre bucks, then I'll go back to not working so much. Trust me, I'm a pro at not working. :) I take not working to a whole new level!

Personally, I'm happy to work right now. There's no snow, and my truck barely runs--so being on the road works for me! Not like I have much of a life anywhoo. I even told LH that she was free to "use and abuse me" for a while--'cause so many folks have been overworked.

When you don't really live anywhere in particular, being on the road ain't so bad. When you don't really want to live anywhere in particular, being on the road rules!

-FNG, er, I mean, Dan

CU-You can play "One Peice at a Time," you've definately got me beat there!

Dan CFI/CFII said:
Oh, you'se guys misunderstand me and the not working thing.

I want SEA so that I can be overworked for a spell. Once I upgrade and am hauling in the mediochre bucks, then I'll go back to not working so much. Trust me, I'm a pro at not working. :) I take not working to a whole new level!

Personally, I'm happy to work right now. There's no snow, and my truck barely runs--so being on the road works for me! Not like I have much of a life anywhoo. I even told LH that she was free to "use and abuse me" for a while--'cause so many folks have been overworked.

When you don't really live anywhere in particular, being on the road ain't so bad. When you don't really want to live anywhere in particular, being on the road rules!

-FNG, er, I mean, Dan

CU-You can play "One Peice at a Time," you've definately got me beat there!
My brother: we as a pilot group @ Empire Airlines have been working hard to get "LH", dispatch and the higher ups to treat us like people and not like pilots. Its very hard to reverse the "use and abuse" mindset especially if you plant that seed. I appreciate your zeal as most people have when starting at a new company but god forbid you want a life and/or start a family in the future so you've got to keep your worth as a human being. I guess what I'm saying is think long term because its very hard to unlearn the habit of flogging pilots. ATRCAPT says you are a goodfella and know of Mr. Cash so I'll buy you a beer someday.

" ATRCAPT says you are a goodfella and know of Mr. Cash so I'll buy you a beer someday."

Not if I get you one first my man!

My real hope is that they might give me the abuse while I don't mind it, and ease up on you guys (although I realize our positions aren't interchangeable). Besides, I need them to give me some slack since I cannot move to any assigned base for a few months.

But your point is quite well taken, I'll do my best to get the point across that my wanting to work a lot is a mere phase, like Ashlee Simpson. I only hope to work more so that I might upgrade sometime before my age prevents college chicks from checking me out. Past that, I am the greatest foe of the work ethic you might ever meet!

Take care eh. In an awesome show of workload disparity, I've got a while to sit around and terrorize my parents' cats while it sounds like a real busy time for other guys in the company.

Dan

Latest resources

Back