• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Emirates training course

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is funny because every 777 guy that has jumpseated on my flights say its the best and easiest flying plane by far that they've ever flown. They must really go out of their way to make a 777 training program difficult. I mean most people's biggest concern is the V1 cut and doesn't the 777 give you rudder automatically?

yep. but they've failed the TAC for every V1 cut

I would be interested to hear his justification for the big difference in flying for a regional in Europe vs the US.
I didn't ask, somebody who makes that claim not to a blond in some bar but to other pilots is clearly stupid, as a rule of thumb I don't try to reason with stupid.

Do corporate guys stand a chance?

Seeing what there mins are does a corporate lear jet driver stand a chance of getting in and being successful? Just wondering what the jump is like from a sports car where you actually do some hand flying to a large platform like a 777.

Thanks

There Mins:
First Officers
Current ICAO ATPL
4,000 hours total flying time
2,000 hours flown in multi-crew, multi-engine jet aircraft -OR- 2,500 hours total flying time on commercial multi-engine multi-crew aircraft jet
Preference given to pilots with > 2,000 hours medium to heavy jets
English Proficiency (ICAO Level4)
Current within the last 12 months prior to the date of joining

This is funny because every 777 guy that has jumpseated on my flights say its the best and easiest flying plane by far that they've ever flown. They must really go out of their way to make a 777 training program difficult. I mean most people's biggest concern is the V1 cut and doesn't the 777 give you rudder automatically?

Some of these guys have a checklist for taking a dump. Remove 5 squares of TP; no more no less, wipe twice front to back, 3 inch wipes timed for 1.5 seconds. NO MORE, NO LESS. Make the proper callouts, stand, raise drawers, raise trousers, (not pants you American idiot), buckle belt , walk smartly to sink, wash hands, blow nose, check tie and uniform, (you have to wear it to sim training, I mean checking/grading), exit bathroom, walk to briefing room, swallow pride, bite tongue and prepare to eat s#@t.

That pretty much sums it up.

You guys are describing checking, sorry they call it "training" at Cathay. Also, Kenny hit the nail right on the head when comes to Aussies and their view on flying...

Seeing what there mins are does a corporate lear jet driver stand a chance of getting in and being successful? Just wondering what the jump is like from a sports car where you actually do some hand flying to a large platform like a 777.

Thanks

There Mins:
First Officers
Current ICAO ATPL
4,000 hours total flying time
2,000 hours flown in multi-crew, multi-engine jet aircraft -OR- 2,500 hours total flying time on commercial multi-engine multi-crew aircraft jet
Preference given to pilots with > 2,000 hours medium to heavy jets
English Proficiency (ICAO Level4)
Current within the last 12 months prior to the date of joining

Unless you have some past Airline experience, EK will not even look at you. Some guys who were furloughed from airlines and went to fly corporate have gotten in but only because of their past Airline experience.

Some of these guys have a checklist for taking a dump. Remove 5 squares of TP; no more no less, wipe twice front to back, 3 inch wipes timed for 1.5 seconds. NO MORE, NO LESS. Make the proper callouts, stand, raise drawers, raise trousers, (not pants you American idiot), buckle belt , walk smartly to sink, wash hands, blow nose, check tie and uniform, (you have to wear it to sim training, I mean checking/grading), exit bathroom, walk to briefing room, swallow pride, bite tongue and prepare to eat s#@t.

That pretty much sums it up.

You have to be in full uniform for training?

Latest resources

Back