• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Emirates to recruit 700 pilots next 18 months

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Also just thinking out loud. I have the total times all RJ unfortunately, but no PIC because upgrades are over 6 years now at my current employer. Is it better to get your stuff in now and attend the open house? Would my chances be better to submit everything when I get the Captain on my CV? Any EK pilots please feel free to PM me or answer here. Just looking for the best odds.

No Cliff, I'm not here. I'm somewhere else. Can't say the name because it is censored here. Which, in a nutshell, is why I'm not here.

Typhoonpilot

Hahahahaha!

Do U know if there is a PIC requirement? Some other guys asking on other threads also.

Thanx!

cliff
LFW
Still hanging in Togo. Have gotten the hang of this West Africa flying. Next would be the Congo jungle, and then the Sahara, and I'd have the whole continent down!

Cliff,

There is not PIC requirement. I know a few guys who are here who never sat in the left seat of a jet/turboprop before. Hope it helps.

I was TSA on J-41.

Hope EK is going very well for you.

Hi!

That IS a problem, and not just for fast-jet guys. I had 6.5 years in and got about 1500 hours. If not for the Persian Gulf War I would've had MUCH less!

cliff
LFW

Hey guys, EK hired me without any PIC and 3540tt, I had FE time and they used 500 hours out of that to get me over the 4000tt. I don't agree about the 10 year time frame to upgrade, the guys I know are upgrading right now have been here for about 3.5 to 4 years. I have a friend who applied with CRJ200 and Citation X time over the 4000tt and was put on the short list, about 2 weeks ago I went to talk to the lady in charge of HR Recruitment and she told me that the company at this time is not counting the CRJ100/200 time tor-wards the minimum requirements, the next day my friends application was changed to "UNDER REVIEW" so take that with a grain of salt. If you are going to come to EK, YOU NEED TO THINK ABOUT IT REALLY, REALLY CAREFULLY, there are some good things about being here at EK but also there are some things that just drive you nuts. The European Management of EK does not really care about their pilots, especially Americans. You have to be prepared for contract changes that are just done overnight, without a single thought on how they affect you and your family. Airplanes and destinations are great but at the end of the day that does not pay the bills specially if you are going to have a home in the U.S. and one in Dubai. The guys you fly with are about 95% great, 3% average and the other 2% are real morons. Dubai is a very expensive, cosmopolitan and in my opinion beautiful city and the company wants to make sure you spend most of your salary in Dubai. I will say that the local Emirati's will treat you better and with more respect compared to the other EX-PATS (EK MANAGEMENT). The best way I can compare EK to the U.S. is that back home the Airline Management does not bother to lie to you because they don't give a $hit anymore, here at EK, management will lie to you over and over but make it seem that they are doing you a favor in the process. Just my 02 cents.

uba757

Last edited:
Hi!

uba757: Great summary and explaination for Americans.

If you are RJ only, all you need to do is wait, and EK will want you soon enough.

cliff
LFW

. If you are going to come to EK, YOU NEED TO THINK ABOUT IT REALLY, REALLY CAREFULLY, there are some good things about being here at EK but also there are some things that just drive you nuts. The European Manher 2% are real moragement of EK does not really care about their pilots, especially Americans. You have to be prepared for contract changes that are just done overnight,
uba757

What is longevity like for expats from the U.S? I heard rumors that people are coming back within a few years? Do you recommend people go to Dubai and take the time to explore it or will going there first time for the interview be enough to get a good impression of the city??

Latest resources

Back