• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
1991 - United B737 COS - rudder power control unit
1994 - US Airways B737-300 - rudder
1996 - Eastwind Airlines Boeing 737-200 - rudder- landed safely- same issue

I still prefer the Boeing.

Last edited:
Don't bad mouth the 727 that's one bad machine! One of the few planes I still will watch takeoff.

Had a neighbor in Miami when I was a kid, that worked for Eastern and flew the 727. He talk about how he loved to fly it and had me convinced it was a magic carpet. He smoked like a chimney and so did his plane. BAD ASS!

• Due to the current economic situation and our need to contain costs as much as we can to ensure the continued success of our Airline, you would be responsible for arranging and funding your own flights to Dubai to attend our selection process. We would provide you with hotel accommodation and meals whilst here as per your first assessment process

LIK IT!!!!!!! EK
How weak is that?!!!!

What? They're too cheap to even offer a space available ticket?

They can get 3rd world pilots now who've been on A320's and 737's since 200hrs. And they won't leave after three years or complain as much.. American's are not "competitive".

Are you saying US pilots are making more than the 3rd world Pilots? That's pretty COOL!!!!

!

What? They're too cheap to even offer a space available ticket?

... and it's not like their flights are that full. Have not been on one which was more than half full .... er, empty I mean.

Am kinda split on EK. I would like to fly the equipment & routes, but being stuck in artificial wonderland and only having 8 or 9 days off at base (DXB).

All FO's must now have jet experience on a multi-engine Jet with a MTOW of over 55 Tonne. Based on this new minimum criteria we will not be considering further candidates with experience on smaller aircraft types. This also means we will no longer be considering those candidates already in our hold pool who fall short of the new minimum experience criteria.

good, its about time. There is no subsitute for expereince.

Latest resources

Back