• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Emirates... regional pilots no longer qualified to work for us

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Boeings brake apart in turbulence, too. Nice try though, the A380 is still a nice airplane.

You are missing my point. The specifics of the A330/300 tail separations are what i'm getting at. Any airplane can break up, duh. Boeings don't lose the ability to control the airplane requiring excessive rudder forces.
There's something wrong with the design, IMHO.

W

• Due to the current economic situation and our need to contain costs as much as we can to ensure the continued success of our Airline, you would be responsible for arranging and funding your own flights to Dubai to attend our selection process. We would provide you with hotel accommodation and meals whilst here as per your first assessment process

LIK IT!!!!!!! EK
How weak is that?!!!!

Boeings brake apart in turbulence, too. Nice try though, the A380 is still a nice airplane.

O.K.-

Help me out. When is the last time a Boeing broke apart in turbulence? Come on, smartypants-give us a specific example.

BOAC and Mount Fuji - 富士山. Google it.

Ummm-

That was 40 YEARS AGO!!!!!!!

-Do you really think that counts? A 707, vs. a modern Airbus? How many generations of airliners were built in between? Apples vs. kumquats!

-707 vs. A-330-They do have some things in common: They were both made of metal, and they both burned jet fuel.....

-Wow!

Ummm-

-Do you really think that counts? A 707, vs. a modern Airbus? How many generations of airliners were built in between? Apples vs. kumquats!

-707 vs. A-330-They do have some things in common: They were both made of metal, and they both burned jet fuel.....

-Wow!

How about the TWA 727 that exceeded it's max airspeed 3 times over and still held together.

Trojan

Ummm-

-Wow!

Wow! crj567 knows how to count.

Why does it matter how long ago this happened? 707s flew until the early 80s with most legacy carriers. Why shouldn't it count? I keep reading how those old planes (727, 737, Douglas) were built rock-solid, blablabla. We're talking about structure here, right? Plus, take a look at the Air Force tanker fleet and tell me what those mil planes are based on, smartypants!

Last edited:
How about the TWA 727 that exceeded it's max airspeed 3 times over and still held together.

Trojan

Trojan, you brought up a good point. I bet it makes quite a difference structually whether you exceed your airspeed in smooth air, or encouter violent turbulence. I bet the 727's tail was made quite a bit stronger due to #2 intake. Would be interesting to compare the tail structures or composition between the 727s and 737s.

O.K.-Help me out.
Ok, you're a retard. Seek help immediately

(apologies to any retards offended by the above statement).

When is the last time a Boeing broke apart in turbulence? Come on, smartypants-give us a specific example.

Ok smarty pants, when was the last time you flew either one of them?
For that matter, when was the last time you flew anything bigger than an rj?
Stick to the drive through Wendy's window!
And, hey kid, super size my order, your mom and sis are coming over!

Ummm-

-Wow!

I flew the 135 about four hours ago it worked pretty well. It was pretty turbulent and we did half a dozen touch & goes.

Latest resources

Back